For those who haven’t been keeping an eye on the Auto Chess craze, things are really starting to heat up. Last week Dota 2 and Half-Life developer, Valve, launched its own entry in the fledgling auto-battler genre – a standalone game titled Dota Underlords.
Having clearly taken notes after the lukewarm reception of last year’s Artifact (a Dota flavoured card game spin-off, designed by Magic: The Gathering creator, Richard Garfield) Valve has been refreshingly rapid and transparent in its plans for Underlords.
A new patch for the Auto Chess rival has just gone live, boosting performance across all platforms as well as improving connectivity for mobile players outside of the U.S.
Other highlights include voice lines for many of the playable units along with some helpful quality of life tweaks. Listening to player feedback, Valve has rolled out another small wave of unit, item, and alliance changes to try and improve the game’s balance. Medusa and Kunkka have both received nerfs to their ultimate abilities with the protection offered by the knight alliance having been slightly reduced.
Here’s are the patch notes in full:
- Large performance improvements have been done on all platforms.
- Improved network connectivity and ping time for iOS and Android users outside the US.
- The following units got their voices back:
- Shadow Fiend
- Phantom Assassin
- Queen of Pain
- Templar Assassin
- Added tooltip to the player’s level that shows their XP progress and odds of rolling each tier of hero in the shop. On mobile this is accessible from within the shop.
- Added mobile icons to party members.
- Default Camera distance adjusted to a default of 825.
- Fixed Key Bindings changes not being saved.
- Added Ability mana cost to season Info panel.
- Fixed Victory screen not being displayed if you won the game which begs the question: Did you really win?
- Global Sounds removed with the feature going back in the lab.
- Improved the quality of the dragging effects when manipulating units.
- Fixed being able to click on an item you did not earn if you lost a Loot Round.
- Fixed Sword and Shield icons on the leaderboard not displaying if you were attacking and defending against the same player.
- Fixed Enigma’s ambient FX to work for both bench and on the ground.
- Enigma midnight pulse updated to be square shaped.
- Added ability icons to the mobile shop for all abilities.
- Fixed cooldown multiplier display when inspecting a unit.
- Many improvements have been done to the Unit Query UI.
- Fixed not being able to view the inventory of a dead player.
- Fixed ability tooltip not showing lore.
- Clicking outside the shop now closes it.
- Hovering global items that affect specific types of units will highlight those units.
- Alliance Highlight Mode: Highlight bench units differently if putting them on the board would not advance the Alliance.
- Fixed in-game Season Info hero page starting empty by default when the user has no units yet.
- Added info button to units in the PC shop to get more information about that hero.
- Roshan is back from vacation. He didn’t bring anything for anyone.
- Medusa: Split Shot extra shot damage reduction changed: [-40, -30, -20 ] -> -40.
- Kunkka: Ghostship crash cell size changed: [2, 3, 4] -> [2, 2, 3].
- Basher: Fixed only going off once per battle.
- Black King Bar: Purges the user on activation.
- Juggernaut: Blade Fury purges on activation.
- Slardar: Amp Damage is now purgeable.
- Knights Alliance: Default damage reduction changed: [ -15, -25, -35 ] -> [ -15, -20, -30 ].
- Knights Alliance: Adjacent to other knights damage reduction changed: [ -20, -25, -30 ] -> [ -15, -20, -25 ].
- Human Alliance Silence: Is now purgeable.
- Blight Stone: Fixed stacking on every hit. It will stack if different units are attacking with it.
Dota Underlords is available as a free download via Steam, Android, and iOS. The game is currently in its beta season though Valve has already outlined some upcoming features including ranked play and a battle pass.
Source: Dota Underlords