Announced earlier this year for Japan, Koei Tecmo have now revealed that Romance of The Three Kingdoms XIV will be heading for a western release in early 2020. It will launch on PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam.
“The latest iteration of the classic tactical series is once again set during the fall of the Han Dynasty in ancient China; where battles take place in a boundary-free scramble for land,” say Koei Tecmo. “The game’s map showcases the territory captured and the thrill of expansion using a simplified color system – paying homage to the original Romance of The Three Kingdoms XIV, released on PC back in 1985. Everything from war to diplomatic affairs will be geared toward managing and gathering land as players attempt to spread their strategies at will across the vast China map.”
The ruler based system from RTK9 and RTK11 will also be implemented, “This means that all actions – from domestic, to political, to battle – will now take place on a single map.”
Here are some of the other features.
One Big Map Where Multiple Scenes Occur
- “Lord-like gameplay,” where both Domestic commands and battles occur on the same map, is being deepened.
- The game will progress by plotting / cycling through the “strategy phase,” in which you instruct Domestic and military commands, and the “advance phase,” in which those instructions are put into effect.
New Element: “War Front”
- All of China is divided into small divisions (HEX), and each division becomes a basis of income for each faction.
- A division can be obtained by simply occupying it with your troops, and there is no requirement of conquering cities.
- When attacking enemies, you can also utilize tactics such as breaking its connection with cities to cut off logistics.
More Than 1,000 Officers: The Highest in the Series Yet
- There are officers that may ignore the player’s commands.
- There are active officers who will not only await a command, but propose their own.
- Even an officer with low stats is unique, and no officer is just a placeholder.
Configure the “Governments” of Each faction
- By setting officers on the organization chart, you can obtain various effects and special commands.
- The configuration of an organization chart will change depending on the ideology of the ruler.
Source: Press release