For the past few months DICE has been working on changes to the Star Card system in Star Wars Battlefront 2, and after months of work these changes will soon be pushed into the games. The changes themselves are to do with the health on kill cards with community feedback pretty much asking for these stats to be passive, which is what DICE decided to do.
The Star Cards that are in the game aren’t going to be removed but instead there will be new ones introduced for the heroes and villains of the game. These new cards will keep the same stat level as the current health cards in the game and the ones that will be replaced. You can see what each of the new cards for each character is below.
- New Card: Born to Fly
- New Description: Boba Fett’s abilities cooldown are faster while in air, but his health regeneration starts 1.5 second later.
- New Card: Surrounded by Fear
- New Description: When killing an enemy, Darth Vader gains stamina back.
- New Card: Show no Mercy
- New Description: Each extra target hit by CHAIN LIGHTNING will reduce its cooldown by 0.25 seconds to a maximum. This effect resets when Emperor Palpatine is defeated.
- New Card: Shocking Weakness
- New Description: Iden Versio’s STUN DROID also reveals enemies in a 25 meters radius to all allies for a short time.
- New Card: Power of Darkness
- New Description: After he used FRENZY, Kylo Ren’s lightsaber damage is increased for 6 seconds.
- New Card: Savage
- New Description: If Darth Maul hits four enemies with SPIN ATTACKwithin a short time, his SPIN ATTACK recharge will be 75% faster for 4 seconds.
- New Card: Flesh is Weak
- New Description: For every 10% health missing, General Grievous gains damage reduction but his health regeneration speed is halved.
- New Card: Initiative
- New Description: Every 15 seconds, Count Dooku’s basic attack will be a critical strike, dealing extra damage. This cooldown is reduced by 1 second for every successful lightsaber attack.
- New Card: Blaster Inspection
- New Description: Every time she kills an enemy, Captain Phasma and friendly troopers around her gain a permanent 3% decrease to their blaster overheat per bolt to a maximum. This effect resets when Captain Phasma is defeated.
- New Card: Impervious
- New Description: Every time Chewbacca deals a threshold of 200 combined damage with any ability, he gains 2% damage reduction to a maximum. This effect resets after Chewbacca is defeated.
- New Card: Smuggler’s Wits
- New Description: Han Solo gains an extra Dodge ability charge but all cooldowns are increased.
- New Card: Stay Together
- New Description: If she is within 15 meters of two friendly units, Leia and her close allies will take reduced damage.
- New Card: Buckle Up, Baby
- New Description: Every enemy trooper defeated or 100 damage to villains reduces the heat per shot of Lando’s X-8 Night Sniper permanently by 2% to a maximum. This effect resets when Lando is defeated.
- New Card: Intensify
- New Description: Every trooper defeated or 200 damage to heroes increases Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber damage by 2 to a maximum. This effect resets after Luke is defeated..
- New Card: Balance
- New Description: Rey gains an extra Dodge ability charge, but her stamina drains faster.
- New Card: Size Matters Not
- New Description: When the bonus health of PRESENCE depletes, it heals for some of the damage it prevented but its cooldown is increased by 13 seconds.
- New Card: Safeguard
- New Description: After blocking 10 blaster shots, 2 abilities or lightsaber attacks with his block, Obi-Wan gains a permanent reduction of 2% to all his stamina costs to a maximum. This effect resets when Obi-Wan is defeated.
- New Card: Steamroll
- New Description: Every enemy trooper defeat or 200 damage to villains decreases all of Anakin Skywalker’s stamina costs by 2% to a maximum. This effect resets after Anakin is defeated.
- New Card: In Charge
- New Description: During UNDERCOVER TEAM, Finn will grant a damage reduction, of 2% for each trooper defeated or 100 damage to villains to a maximum, to all friendlies affected. This bonus stays for the next use of the ability but resets when Finn is defeated.
The changes are expected to be released on August 28th alongside the rest of the August update. EA and DICE will also be discussing what else is in store for Star Wars Battlefront II at gamescom.
Source: Battlefront Forums