DICE has released an update regarding the Clone Commander who will be added to Star Wars Battlefront 2 later this month in the Cooperation update, and now we know what the unit’s main weapon will be as well as the abilities. There’s been progress as well since the Clone Commando’s reveal at gamescom and you’ll be able to see them at the end of the list.
Clone Commando’s weapon will be the DC-17m Repeating Blaster Rifle which has both rifle mode and grenade launcher mode. The unit’s abilities include the grenade anti armour attachment as the DC-17m’s projectiles can do high damage against vehicles. The second ability is Battle Focus which reduces damage taken by 25% for the clone commando and nearby allies for a limited time. The third is the Repulsor Blast which knocks down nearby enemies.
And the updates since gamescom as promised.
- Added the repulsor gadget to the Clone Commandos arm
- Further improvements and refinements to the abilities
- Added a first version of a passive messaging system that shows allies and enemies that the Battle Focus buff is active
- General balance tweaks
- Updated icons for Battle Focus and Repulsor (ones above are from gamescom)
- Tweaked default look with details added to key areas
In addition, the Boots on the Ground event is now live until September 15th. During the event only Troopers and reinforcements will be playable in Galactic Assault and Capital Supremacy.
— EA Star Wars (@EAStarWars) September 13, 2019