We know that Activision’s forthcoming reboot of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will have cross platform play, allowing PlayStation players to go head to head with those on Xbox, but it was unclear if you progression would be kept if you played over more than one platform.
Good news, it will! Reddit user LangersCS contacted Activision support to ask them what the deal was. This was the response (odd use of English retained):
Now your progress will be saved to your Activision ID and not your platform cloud. So, if you own the Modern Warfare on Xbox and PC, you will keep your progression because it saved in your Activision account, that’s why it’s very important if you don’t change your Activision account as saves could be affected.
But in other words, yes, you do keep you progress, stats, weapons, etc.. Less your achievements because that depends on the platform you play on so it may vary.
A new video for the game focuses on the impressively bearded Captain Price, originally played by veteran actor Billy Murray, formerly of The Bill, now played by Barry Sloane in the reboot. Barry reveals that the original game was “part of his child hood” so we can all feel really, really old now.
Dataminers have also been poking about the source code of the beta and discovered that there may be up to forty (!) multiplayer game modes, and yes, one of them is Battle Royale. They are:
- Team Deathmatch
- Headquarters – Gain points by capturing and holding the Headquarters.
- Capture the Flag – Take the enemy flag back to your base.
- SAB/DD – Recover the explosives and plant them at the enemy target, while protecting your own.
- Demolition – Teams alternate in attacking and defending two bomb sites, both of which must be destroyed by the attacking team equipped with bombs.
- Payload – Teams alternate in escorting a tank payload into enemy territory. Deliver the payload to win.
- Juggernaut – Kill the Juggernaut to become the new Juggernaut.
- Team Juggernaut – Each team has a Juggernaut. Juggernaut kills are worth more points. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Snatch – Hunt for the Arsenal and Escape with the Black Box.
- Mugger – Kill for dog tags, knife to steal. Collect dog tags from killed players to score.
- Survival – Eliminate all enemies. Survive &&1 waves to win.
- Rugby – Bring the Juggernaut to the enemy’s base to score.
- Arena – Win by eliminating the enemy team, having more surviving players, or more health at the end of the round.
- Arms Race – Eliminate your enemies and capture objectives. Be the first team to reach the score limit to win.
- Gun Game – First player to 18 wins.
- Rush – Capture or defend objectives until time runs out.
- Siege – Capture points to revive fallen teammates. Taking all points will win the round. First team to &&1 points wins.
- One in the Chamber – Make your shot count.
- Search and Rescue
- Kill Confirmed
- Drop Zone – Hold the Drop Zone for Team Points and Care Packages.
- Infected – Eliminated Survivors become Infected. Infect everyone, or survive the game to win.
- VIP – Take turns escorting the VIP to the extraction zone. Carry the VIP to the extraction zone.
- High Value Targets – Steal points back by extracting high value targets.
- Hostage – Secure and extract the hostages.
- Blitz – Take your team’s flag into the enemy base.
- Cyber Attack
- Team Defender – Capture the drone and hold it to upload data and earn points for your team.
- Assault – Eliminate enemies, capture HQ’s and extract VIPs to earn score for your team.
- MTMC – Capture a flag to advance to the next round, teams without a flag lose.
- EXFIL – Initiates an exfiltration sequence on match end.
- BATTLE ROYALE – Eliminate everyone. Survive.