Obsidian Entertainment has released a new patch for The Outer Worlds with update 188.8.131.52 now available on all platforms. Among the changes is a fix to stop the game from crashing when players are in Tartarus. Players on PS4 will no longer hear muffled sounds, while the foliage of the Xbox One version of the game has been brought up to parity with the PS4 version.
The Outer Worlds update 184.108.40.206
Top Community Requests:
- The game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus has been resolved
- Toggle to increase the font size (found in the UI tab under Settings). Increases font for conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text.
- Players will no longer experience muffled sounds when playing on the PlayStation 4
- The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced and no longer incorrectly uses the level multiplier as an exponent instead of a multiplier and will no longer do 10s of thousands of points of damage at a higher level. Now deals the damage it should have been dealing all along
- Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest
- Fix for “Radio Free Monarch” where issues would happen when talking to Nayoka while having SAM in your party
- Foliage on the Xbox One now has parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4
- The achievement/trophy for “It’s Not the Best Choice” will pop correctly
If you are yet to play The Outer Worlds you can check out what Gareth thought in our review:
The Outer Worlds is the game that fans have wanted Obsidian Entertainment to make for the better part of a decade. The story is the main attraction here, with Obsidian’s witty writing coming to the fore in an interesting and funny interstellar setting. If that’s what you look for in your RPGs, The Outer Worlds will not disappoint.
You can read the full The Outer Worlds review here.