Respawn has announced some changes to Apex Legends’ progression system which will come into play on December 3rd. The biggest change is the increase in level cap which will see an increase to 500, which in turn means players could earn 199 Apex Packs where previously this was 45 packs. This change will have a retroactive impact as players who have already levelled up will get packs they would have been awarded if the system had been in place for the start.
Gun charms will be added to the rotating shop, and there will be 36 new ones added to epic and legendary tiers. The full list of changes is below.
Apex Legends Progression Changes
TL;DR – Player Level Progression Changes
- Player Level cap increased from 100 -> 500
- XP required to hit level 100 has been reduced by approximately 5% to smooth out per level XP increases
- Players can now earn 199 Apex Packs by level 500 (previously 45)
- Level 2 – 20: One pack every level
- Level 22 – 300: One pack every two levels
- Level 305 – 500: One pack every five levels
- You will continue to earn 600 Legend Tokens per level
- Apex Packs rewards will be retroactive
- Players will also earn a Player Level Gun Charm every 100 Player Levels
TL;DR – Gun Charms
- 36 new Gun Charms are going into Apex Packs at Epic and Legendary tier
- Gun charms will now appear in the Rotating Shop for players who prefer direct purchase
Player Level Cap Increase & an Additional 154 Apex Pack Rewards
The Player Level cap has been increased from 100 to 500. Players can now earn a total of 199 Apex Packs related to Player Level rewards at the following cadence:
- Level 2 – 20: One pack every level (19 Apex Packs total)
- Level 22 – 300: One pack every two levels (140 Apex Packs total)
- Level 305 – 500: One pack every five levels (40 Apex Packs total)
- You will continue to earn 600 Legend Tokens per level and per 18,000 XP at level 500
The net impact of this change is that players will now earn 59 Apex Packs from level 1 – 100 (up from 45 Apex Packs prior to this change). All players will be retroactively awarded any Apex Packs they should have received under this new system. For example, players who are currently level 100 will receive 14 Apex Packs when this system goes live.
Players will now earn a new badge every 10 levels from 110 – 500.