Destiny 2 players are getting very annoyed by the radio silence from Bungie in regards to the EDZ obelisk bug. As players cannot access the obelisk it is hindering progression in this season’s quests, including the latest one from Saint-14 which requires you to forge a timelost weapon from each obelisk.
The last time Bungie tweeted about the problem was December 17th.
We are investigating an issue where some players cannot interact with the EDZ Obelisk. Some players have reported that manually leaving and re-entering the area, returning to Orbit, or clearing the console cache have worked as temporary fixes.
It was also mentioned in This Week At Bungie on December 20th with just one line.
The EDZ Obelisk can sometimes not be accessed.
That was the last TWAB until 2020 and it does mention that the team is winding down for Christmas it looks like the bug will not be fixed until the New Year. People are reporting numerous ways to get round the bug but there does not seem to be one fail-safe method. Possible solutions include
- Wait. That’s it, just wait by the obelisk and the button prompt may show up after about five minutes.
- Fast travel to another area, then fast travel back to the obelisk. (Have to say this did not work for me, some people say you have to travel to and from the same area twice before accessing the obelisk)
- Leave the planet, go in to orbit, return back to the EDZ, then head to the obelisk.
- Clear your cache.
To clear your cache on a PS4 follow these steps:
- Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller
- Select Turn Off PS4
- Let the PlayStation 4 fully power down, remove power cable, and wait at least 30 seconds,
- Plug power cable back in, restart the PlayStation 4
- Hold L1 + R1 while booting up Destiny 2
To clear your cache on a Xbox One follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox until it turns off completely.
- Unplug the power brick from the back of the Xbox. Press and hold the power button on the Xbox several times to expel any remaining power and clear the cache.
- Plug in the power brick.
- Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
- Turn the Xbox back on as you would normally.
Unfortunately none of these are guaranteed to work first time, if at all, some are reporting they had to return to orbit four or five times before the obelisk unlocked.
There is also another annoying bug that Guardians should be aware of: One of the current quests is for a Gambit shotgun and one of the tasks is to reach the Fabled infamy rank. Players have discovered that if they reset their rank after reaching Fabled the quest also resets and you have to grind all the way back up.
If you do want that shotgun then do not reset your rank until you have claimed it, or until Bungie fix the bug.