Update 1.59 for Gran Turismo Sport has rolled out today, with Polyphony Digital adding just one new car to the game. Say hello to the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept.
First announced at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show, the Mazda RX-Vision is a FR sports car powered by a next-gen Skyactiv-R rotary engine. Rotary engines have long been a signature Mazda feature, with the company first introducing them in the Cosmo Sport in 1967, evolving the design such that it could with the 1991 Le Mans 24 Hours with the legendary 787B.
They’re drawing upon the 787B’s engine to help the car fit into the Gr. 3 class in GT Sport, with a 4-rotor design using their Skyactiv technology to deliver 562hp.
Though it’s called the RX-Vision, this actually has nothing to do with the Vision GT concept programme that Polyphony created around Gran Turismo 6.
Also a part of the update are two special events – one to celebrate Mazda’s centennial anniversary, the other the release of the RX-Vision. The RX-Vision GT3 Concept Time Trial Challenge, and the RX-Vision GT3 Concept Livery Design Contest will start tomorrow, Friday 22nd May, with the winners of both events receiving a limited edition sketch and miniature car model from Mazda.
Here’s the patch notes:
Main Features Implemented
– The following new car has been added:
・MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT
2. Campaign Mode
– The following events have been added to the GT League:
・Sunday Cup, Rounds 8 and 9
・Clubman Cup, Rounds 8 and 9
・Nostalgic 1979, Rounds 8 and 9
・Gr.3 Endurance Series, Rounds 7
– New to Decals in My Library are Mazda and Mitsubishi logos, as well as the 100th anniversary Mazda logo, which can be acquired when selecting a car from Mazda or Mitsubishi in the Livery Editor.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
– We fixed an issue where a penalty was wrongly assessed occasionally when exiting out of the pits during online races.
– Various other issues have been addressed.