Koei Tecmo and developer Team Ninja have swooped in with a new patch for their samurai Soulslike sequel, Nioh 2.
This follows the recent Nioh 2 1.11 patch which rolled out just days ago, laying the groundwork for the game’s first of three post-launch DLCs titled “The Tengu’s Disciple”.
Nioh 2 version 1.12 does not introduce any new content or features, instead making a series fixes as outlined below.
Nioh 2 update 1.12 patch notes
- Fixed an issue in the main mission “Eternal Rivals” where if the “Hot Spring Chamber Key” was acquired once and the mission is exited, it could not be acquired again even on subsequent playthroughs of the mission.
- Fixed an issue during the multiplayer boss fight of “Eternal Rivals,” where Yoshitsune would sometimes repeat a single behavior indefinitely.
- Fixed an issue where a higher level Soul Core could be created from lesser Soul Cores during Soul Fusion.
- Fixed an issue regarding the Kodama Blessings in “The Tengu’s Disciple,” where there was one too many “Samurai Blessing” kodama, and one too few “Hunter Blessing” kodama.
- Fixed an issue where the Demon Parade Picture Scroll’s “Discovered By” information would sometimes display incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue in which tabs would incorrectly change when selecting base items and materials during Soul Fusion.
- Fixed an issue in which unacquired samurai skills “Flux,” “Flux II,” and “Flash Attack” could be activated using a Splitstaff before the skills were acquired.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an application error after the intro cutscene of “The Tengu’s Disciple.”
- Fixed an issue that could cause an application error if a particular procedure was used in the Hanging Scrolls section of “Remodel Hut.”
Nioh 2 scored a Yokai-stomping 9/10 in Jason’s review, where he concluded:
“Nioh 2 builds on the excellence of the original with a fistful of new twists and ideas, from new Yokai abilities to full-on co-op through the entire game. Nioh 2 might well be the best Soulslike that isn’t a FromSoftware game, and it’s easily one of my personal contenders for Game of the Year.”
Developed by Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive studio, Team Ninja, Nioh 2 shipped a million copies in its launch month of May, contributing to the major 2020 growth of the game’s publisher, Koei Tecmo.