The 573MB patch will being going live later today and crams in a spread of new gameplay options to mess about with, as well as filter-like render modes, and the aforementioned Grounded DLC.
For those seeking the ultimate challenge, Grounded strips away a number of key mechanics from The Last of Us: Part II. These include the x-ray listen mode, as well as HUD elements (ammo/health count) and stealth indicators.
There’s also a Permadeath mode being thrown into the mix. It does exactly what it says on the tin, booting players back to the main menu if they die even once. They will receive a summary showing just how far they managed to get. With The Last of Us: Part II clocking in at 20+ hours (even when blitzing through huge swathes) the trophy earned for beating the game in Permadeath will definitely stand out among the collection of series uber-fans.
As we await the official patch notes, here’s a summary of what to expect from update 1.05:
- Grounded Difficulty
- Permadeath ModeTrophies
- New update introduces two new Trophies: one for completing the game with Permadeath enabled and another for beating it on Grounded difficulty. Neither of these will be required in order to earn the Platinum.New Graphics, Audio, and Gameplay Modifiers
- Mirror World
- Mirror on Death
- Slow Motion
- Bullet Speed Mode
- Infinite Ammo
- Infinite Crafting
- Infinite Melee Durability
- Infinite Listen Mode Durability
- Infinite Listen Mode Range
- One Shot
- Touch of Death
- 8-bit Audio
- 4-bit Audio
- Helium Audio
- Xenon AudioNew Options and Improvements
- Film Grain Adjustment Option
- Disable Listen Mode Option
- Motion Sensor Function Aiming Option
- Arc Throw HUD Display Option
- Aiming Acceleration Scale Option
- Aiming Ramp Power Scale Option
- Accessibility Improvements to Ground Zero encounter and rope gameplay
- Additional accessibility improvements
For more on The Last of Us: Part II, you should head on over to our 10/10 review of the epic PlayStation masterpiece (where you’ll also find a video version).
Source: Press Release
- How long to finish The Last of Us: Part II?
- Find the Strange Relic Artefact location
- Why you should play The Last of Us: Part II on Survivor difficulty
- Starting New Game+ and what carries over
- Photo mode tips & tricks
- Do I need to play the first game before Part II?
- Where is the Factions online multiplayer?