Following in the footsteps of the original game, Ori and the Will of the Wisps is making the leap from Xbox One and PC exclusivity over to Nintendo Switch. Oh, and it’s out today!
The game on Xbox One and PC is an absolute classic, taking the Metroidvania trappings of the original and stepping boldly in a new, more combative direction. We weren’t short of praise for its original release back in March:
Ori and the Will of the Wisps builds on its predecessor’s near-perfect Metroidvania platforming and grows the concept to wonderful effect. A game that’s as much about rebirth, hope and wonder as it is death and decay, Will of the Wisps is a beautiful, enchanting piece of fantasy, and an instant classic.
See our full review here.
In addition to the new game, Moon Studios have teamed up withm8bit to produce a gorgeous looking collector’s edition. It brings together both games with physical game boxes, with versions for Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Windows 10, shipping in December and costing an eyewatering $149.99.
The Collector’s Edition features:
- Premium “Transforming” display box with glow-in-the-dark finish
- Majestic stained glass-style art piece
- “The Flora & Fauna of Ori” field guide
- Sketchbook zine featuring rarely seen production art
- Collectible art card set
- Hard enamel glow-in-the-dark pin
- Digital downloads of both titles’ soundtracks, composed by Gareth Coker
- Physical editions of Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Ori and the Blind Forest, featuring exclusive, reversible cover art
Source: press release