With a growing number of video games celebrating Halloween this week, DayZ is also getting in on the action. Developer Bohemia Interactive have confirmed that their zombie infested survival sandbox shooter will host a number of time limited Halloween servers full of spooky surprises.
This DayZ news comes in tow with details of the next game patch. Bohemia are rolling out DayZ experimental update 1.10 which includes a number of fixes and changes you can review below. Note that this early version of the update will only be available to PC players – there’s no confirmation as to when the full release date is or how long console players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will have to wait.
Anyway, going back to DayZ’s Halloween event, servers will be going live today across all platforms (going offline on November 2nd) and will include the following festive tweaks:
- Pumpkin (plant) spawns in farm areas
- There is an increased amount of light sources spawning
- Infected have a random chance to spawn with the Pumpkin Helmet or the red Headtorch
- Player spawns with an additional item (roadflare)
- It is always sunset. Fog increased as well.
- There is “dark” night for everyone
- Cows, Deers, Pigs, Roedeers and Boars don’t spawn.
- There are a lot more wolves pack in the map. They also hunt in a larger area of the map.
DayZ was recently added to Xbox Game Pass which has led to a surge of new players. The game is currently on sale across all platforms, including its Livonia expansion DLC.
DayZ Experimental Update 1.10 Patch Notes
- Dryed raw meat would still trigger diseases
- It was not possible to skin an animal using a hatchet
- The M4A1 could load flare ammunition
- The wetness badge is now showing up again (as soon as the first item can be wrung out)
- An incorrect amount of sticks was returned after building a shelter of a different type while having wooden sticks attached to it
- It was possible to destroy the placed Shelter Kit
- It was not possible to choose in between different shelter types when more than one material set was attached to the shelter site
- The action to build a shelter did not complete when holding a tool
- It was possible to over-stack Wooden Sticks using a fireplace
- It was not possible to unload a flare from the Signal Pistol when in standing or crouched position
- The shock hit effect was appearing delayed
- Lifetimes of items were lowered across the board (2 days have become 8 hours, 1 day has become 4 hours). This change may take up to 3 days to be in effect on the official Experimental servers
- Removed skinning from the shovel, as it was causing a conflict with the bury action
- Lowered the heat insulation of the Rain Coat
- Lowered the heat insulation of the Patrol gear
- Updated the tourist map for chernarus to include the latest coastline changes
- Flare light should illuminate its surroundings much better (using linear brightness falloff)
- Lowered the temperature loss of items when on the player
- Reduced the overall damage applied to tools
- Reduced the damage done to tools by burying ashes and players bodies by 60%
- Increased the health of the Stone Knife, Steak Knife and Kitchen Knife
- The Leather Shelter now requires 8 Tanned Leather to build
- The Tarp Shelter now requires 4 pieces of Tarp to build
- Increased the cargo space of Shelters to 10×10
- Lowered the character’s comfort temperature (making the character more resistant against cold)
- Increased the impact of altitude on the environmental temperature
- The regeneration speed of broken legs is now fixed to 30 minutes
- In case of broken/splinted legs, the health of your legs now defines the character injury animation (slower with lower HP)
- Walking does not trigger shock damage when having a broken leg and not having a splint
- Painkillers and morphine reduce shock, dealt by broken legs, more (making them lot more useful in cases, where a player does not have enough time to craft/apply a splint)
- Crossing waters (by walking or swimming) now makes the player freeze more
- The launcher was not showing the country of the language in the language selection
- Added admin log information on the Shelters
Source: DayZ Forums