It’s free (ish) game time for PlayStation Plus subscribers, woohoo! This month your bundle of goodies includes Wreckfest on PlayStation 5 only, plusBattlefield V and Stranded Deep on PlayStation 4.
Here are the download links so you can queue the games up on your console.
I was playing Wreckfest for a quite a while after it launched, it’s a great game and for those wondering what improvements Bugbear have made for the PS5 version of Wreckfest, here are all the juicy details:
- Dynamic dirt on vehicles
- Improved shadows, particles, and environment lighting
- Higher resolution textures
- Increased amount of foliage
- New visual effects for skidmarks
- DualSense haptic effects
- Much faster loading times
Looking back on its original release, we said in our 9/10 Wreckfest review:
Wreckfest is a surprising triumph in blending the best that sim and arcade racers have to offer in an explosive and visually gratifying package. A few visual issues and overly aggressive AI do little to spoil one of the best driving games of 2019.
If you’ve yet to play Wreckfest, here’s what is in store
Expect epic crashes, neck-to-neck fights over the finish line and brand-new ways for metal to bend – These are the once-in-a-lifetime moments that can only be achieved in Wreckfest, with its true-to-life physics simulation crafted by legendary developer Bugbear, who also brought you FlatOut 1, 2 and Ultimate Carnage. Burn rubber and shred metal in the ultimate driving playground!
- Awesome Cars – Old, banged-up, patched-together cars that simply ooze style! From old American heavy-hitters to agile Europeans and fun Asians, you won’t find anything like this in other games.
- Meaningful Customization – Change not only the look of your cars but also upgrade their body armor
- Receive free updates that add new tracks and tournament challenges with unique rewards!