Who doesn’t like a good Smurfing? No one, that’s who, and you will soon be able to Smurf on your console or PC thanks to Microid’s new game, The Smurfs: Mission Vileaf.
Players will get to control Hefty, Smurfette, Brainy and Chef, and use ‘the Smurfizer, a revolutionary invention from Handy Smurf’. The Smurfizer will let you attack foes, heal the plants afflicted by the Vileaf, jump higher, glide through the air or dive.
By now you should know that I love a good ‘key features’ section, so here they are!
- Embark on a brand new journey with a unique and easy to pick up gameplay. The Smurfs – Mission Vileaf will appeal to all gamer profiles, fans of the cute characters, or 3D platformer aficionados, would they be beginners or experienced players.
- A one-of-a-kind roster! Take control of 4 emblematic Smurfs: Smurfette, Hefty, Brainy and Chef.
- The Smurfizer, a very smurful tool! Your do-it-all Smurfizer will not only allow you to heal the corrupted plants but also facilitate your progression through the game thanks to its multiple functions! Jump higher, glide, dive and overcome all the obstacles you’ll encounter!
- A platform Adventure game with a capital A! Explore each corner of the 5 worlds and find your way through the levels to collect all the ingredients to prepare the antidote the forest desperately needs!
- Bring the Smurfs’ village back to life! Find useful items along the way to upgrade your Smurfizer and work towards bringing the Smurf village back to its former glory!
The game will launch on October 26th 2021 for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, with PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions following in 2022. There are two special editions, the Smurftastic Edition contains:
- The game on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- 3 lithographs (4×6 inches)
- A Papa Smurf keychain (2 inches)
- Sticker sheets (4×3 inches)
While theCollector Edition contains all items available in the Smurftastic Edition plus two items:
- A resin Hefty Smurf figurine (5.5 inches)
- The game soundtrack (digitally claimable with a code)
Source: Press release / Microids