Chinatown Detective Agency is set to be released in Spring 2022, Humble Games has confirmed today. The publisher also announced that it would be handling the publishing of the PC version Chinatown Detective Agency along with the console version of the game. The game is confirmed for PC, Xbox One, and Switch. It will also be available on Xbox Series X|S through backwards compatibility. You can view the opening cinematic below.
The key features of Chinatown Detective Agency include:
- UNRAVEL A GLOBAL CONSPIRACY – Travel the globe from your base in Singapore in search of leads, and talk with dozens of uniquely voiced characters each with their own mysterious agendas.
- BECOME THE INVESTIGATOR – The mysteries of Chinatown Detective Agency require real-world investigation. You’re not just playing a detective, you’re becoming one.
- WORK SMART – Time is money, and the clock is always ticking. Make good use of the time you have and to keep your agency, and yourself, alive.
- ASSEMBLE A TEAM – You’re going to need assistance. To succeed in investigating cases and solving mysteries, you’ll have to keep your business running and your staff happy.
- LOSE YOURSELF IN THE FUTURE – Neon lamp-light reflected in pools of rainwater. Anti-government graffiti daubed across aging subways. The encroaching murk of riverside London.
Chinatown Detective Agency has been inspired by Carmen Sandiego with players travelling across Singapore and the world to chase down criminals by doing research, manage resources such as time and money, and speaking to witnesses. So, if you miss the Carmen Sandiego games then this may be something to watch out for.
Source: Press Release