Dying Light 2 is just a couple of days away from release PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. The team at Techland have certainly earned themselves a breather, though a lot of work has been done to the ambitious zombie survival sequel since going gold.
The team have outlined a Dying 2 Light day 1 patch that includes numerous fixes. One last bug sweep before players finally get to experience the game for themselves.
We’re enjoying our time with Dying Light 2 though it’s perhaps not as revolutionary as some overhyped fans may have been led to believe. Here’s what we said in our review:
“Dying Light 2 expands and refines a formula Techland has been peddling since its breakout success with Dead Island. This sequel learns a lot from modern open world video games, its massive, zombie-infested sandbox rarely feeling empty, especially as you breeze through city blocks with a Mirror’s Edge-like finesse. However, Dying Light 2 inherits the same problems – a dull story, tiresome combat, and character progression that’s a tad too sluggish.”
Want to know what’s been fixed for launch day? See the patch notes below:
Dying Light 2 Day 1 Update Patch Notes
- Fixed the Broadcast infinite respawn story block
- Fix for dialogues that block story progression
- Re-signing to the coop session doesn’t fail in case the user is logged in
- Fixed crash when handling electrical parts to Carlos in Bazaar
- Fixed problems with temporarily lowering the difficulty level – improved adaptive difficulty for AIs
- Fixed crash caused by background renderer during the transition between menu and loading screens
- Increased Wwise overall memory limit – fix for missing sounds and voice-over
- Resolved problems with objects and AI sinking into the ground on a flat surface.
- DLSS enabled. Improved default DLSS sharpness.
- Fix for AI sometimes freezing/becoming immortal when the owner changes during death
- Fixed the gamepad isn’t detected by the game before any movement or action will be conducted using a keyboard or mouse
- Added protection against potential crashes.
- Updates for ES, CH; DE intro.
- Added missing game actions fixing the game’s unresponsiveness.
- Fixed streamer mode option that(was not working properly).
- Fixed crash on opening the secondary screen.
- Fixed disconnecting coop sessions after a certain amount of time.
- And many more…
Source: Press Release