A new Dead By Daylight update is now available. You’ll need to download and install patch 5.5.1 if you want to hop online for some asymmetric terror-fuelled fun.
Following up from a previous update – which added Tome X and new SAW themed content – this is a small hotfix that makes a few minor changes and bug fixes.
Developer Behaviour Interactive has slightly tweaked the new Wiggle mechanic it recently introduced. When grabbed by a Killer, there’s a new mini game instead of the original stick-mashing needed to break free.
After installing the new Dead By Daylight update, your progress during the Wiggle mini game won’t regress while you aren’t activity hitting button prompts. Here are the patch notes in full:
Dead By Daylight Update 5.5.1 Patch Notes
- Wiggle progress will no longer regress when not actively wiggling, with both the new and old wiggle interactions
- The Coldwind Farm – Fractured Cowshed map has been re-enabled.
- The Crotus Prenn Asylum – Father Campbell’s Chapel has been re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused tooltips to linger in the Settings menu
- Fixed an issue that caused the Cannibal not to be able to break a pallet after hitting a survivor in the same chainsaw sweep.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Demogorgon’s Shred ability to sometimes not break pallets.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Eruption perk to go into cooldown when triggering on a completed generator.
- Fixed an issue that caused stuns triggered through the Power Struggle duration to be reduced more than intended when the killer is equipped with the Enduring perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused the blessing SFX to continue after a survivor is hit after an unvalidated interruption attempt.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Glyph and Red Envelope interactions not to be interruptible by the killer.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrong animation to be played when using the Deathslinger’s Aim Down Sights right after interacting with a Red Envelope.
- Fixed an issue that caused the loud noise indicator not to appear when an AI player fails a skill check during the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Nemesis’ tentacle to be invisible during recovery after hitting an object.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Expert Killer and Expert Survivor achievements to unlock when the grade threshold has not been met. (Steam only)
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused an offering to appear out of place on the offerings loading screen
- Fixed an issue that caused the floating ink VFX to be missing in some of The Artist’s customization.
- Fixed an issue that caused the killer music to not change properly when switching roles from a Survivor wearing a ‘Modern Tales’ outfits.
- Fixed an issue that caused an inconsistent sound effect to play when hitting the fireplace in the chalet, in the Mount Ormond Resort map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the killer to be unable to use a hook when it spawns too close to a bush wall near the big house in Badham IV.
- Fixed an issue that caused the possibility to ”Dead Hard” from the balcony onto the shelves in the main hall of RPD.
- Fixed an issue that caused a lack of hooks in the library of the RPD map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the killer to become stuck beside a hatch in the main building in the Storehouse.
- Fixed an issue that caused a Glyph to spawn too high in the Yamaoka map.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Artist to not fall smoothly from the Thompson house vault.
- Fixed an issue that caused two pallets to spawn on the same tile in The MacMillan Estate.
- Fixed an issue that caused low quality shadows from the generator lights.
- Tentatively fixed an issue that caused Meg’s Deathgarden head cosmetic to not be available anymore.
- Tentatively fixed an issue that caused Jane’s Twitch shirt cosmetic to be available for all players.
- The Haddonfield map and the Strode Realty Key offering have been disabled.
- The Nurse has a delay when starting to charge a chain blink.
- The Nurse’s hand doesn’t reflect the current blink charge when chain blinking.
- As The Nurse, blinking and having a grab validation fail causes The Nurse to not enter the fatigue state.
- We are also investigating reports of not being able to attack right after a chain blink.
We recently re-reviewed Dead By Daylight for 2020, bumping up its original score:
Dead By Daylight has evolved into somewhat of a phenomenon, proving that the often maligned games-as-a-service model produces more than just cookie cutter loot shooters. It’s still an acquired taste and a bit rough around the edges though stands out as one of the most unique ongoing multiplayer games of the generation.
Those who currently own a copy of Dead By Daylight on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One can upgrade for free on the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S respectively, carrying over their progress – here’s how.
Source: Dead By Daylight Forums