A new Ghost of Tsushima update is coming to PS4 and PS5, Sucker Punch Productions has confirmed. This patch is aimed at improving the multiplayer experience in Ghost of Tsushima: Legends and should be rolling out soon.
Ghost of Tsushima update 2.17 features bonus difficulty options for players to experiment with in custom games. You and your friends will be able to crank up the challenge while selecting your own Nightmare gameplay modifiers.
There have also been some changes to gear crafting which saw new advanced mechanics adding during the game’s Rivals update. In case you missed it, Ghost of Tsushima: Legends went free to play as part of the PlayStation Plus March 2022 lineup.
Ghost of Tsushima Update 2.17 Patch Notes
Added a new Custom Mode option to Platinum Survival. This allows players to enable up to four preset Difficulty Modifiers as well as up to three Nightmare hazards to be present in the match.
- This allows you to create your own custom Nightmare-style experience. Do you only want hwachas? You can do that!
- Similar to Photo Mode, matchmaking is disabled for Custom Mode, but it can be selected as a new Fill Party goal.
- In response to some players asking for an even higher level of challenge, it’s also possible to enable all of the above in a single match. Only the strongest Legends will be able to defeat every wave with all Difficulty Modifiers and hazards enabled, and all bonus objectives completed.
Crafting System Updates
- When re-rolling a gear property, Keep Existing Property has been replaced with Increase Existing Property. This provides a path for getting maximum stat values on gear without relying on RNG.
- Revised property rerolls. Rerolled stats will never decrease in effectiveness.
- Added the ability to reroll locked perks and stats on 120 Ki gear for the additional cost of one Purified Gear Item per reroll.
- Added accessibility option Dark Flash Bomb Effect. This changes the color of flash bomb screen effects to black. (This option applies to both Legends and the single-player campaign)
- Changed hwacha behavior so it won’t immediately target players upon spawning
- Assassins are now less likely to be targeted by enemies in the middle of a Chain Vanish streak
- Added a new Fill Party goal: Purify Cursed Objects
- Fixed a bug causing some Feats to incorrectly unlock when completing a mission on Platinum instead of Nightmare
- Replaced wave 12 world mod in Blood & Steel with Toxic Clouds •Fixed a rare issue where world modifiers would fail to network
- Resolved an error message that would occasionally appear after the conclusion of a match
- Localization fixes
Sucker Punch promises that more updates are on the way. This could be in reference to potential changes to GoT’s singleplayer campaign, however.
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – how to survive Gyozen’s Curse
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – Gear & XP farming guide
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – all Legendary Items
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – find Oni Treasure and Gyozen’s Lost Scrolls
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – 7 tips & tricks for beginners
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – Ronin class guide
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – Assassin class guide
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – Samurai class guide
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – Hunter class guide
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – how to beat the Tengu crow demons