With the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of GTA Online having released just last week, Rockstar has now launched GTA+, a new monthly subscription plan for in-game cash, cosmetics, vehicle upgrades, and boosts to in-game rewards.
GTA+ will be available from 29th March and priced at $5.99 per month, but this is exclusively for the new generation PS5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles, so PS4, Xbox One and PC do not have access.
GTA Online has been a massive money spinner for Rockstar and parent company Take Two since its launch in 2013, and this is clearly another way of trying to get people to put money into the game. With the emphasis on getting players to regularly pay – this is a recurring subscription until cancelled – this is also comparatively good value to the other transactions in the game.
At $5.99, you’re getting $500,000 which is equivalent to a $9.99 / £6.19 ‘Bull Shark Cash Card’ on the PlayStation Store. It makes that card and the lower value Red Shark and Tiger Shark cards effectively pointless. Not only that, but subscribing to GTA+ unlocks access to Shark Cards with bonus cash.
Here’s what GTA+ will offer through the first month, from 29th March to 27th April.
- GTA$500,000 delivered automatically to your Maze Bank Account.
- The Principe Deveste Eight — along with a complimentary Hao’s Special Works upgrade for it before it is made available to purchase by the general public — plus the HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch Liveries.
- The Auto Shop located in La Mesa, introduces an assortment of gameplay updates from Los Santos Tuners. Current Auto Shop owners can relocate to La Mesa at no additional cost.
- Waived LS Car Meet Membership fees. Current LS Car Meet members with GTA+ will be reimbursed GTA$50,000 during this event period.
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
- The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolaps Basketball Top and Shorts automatically added to your wardrobe.
- The Conveyor Livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC, and TM-02 Khanjali.
- A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop.
- 3X GTA$ and RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series.
- 2X Car Meet Rep on the Street Race Series.
GTA Online is out now and currently free for PlayStation 5 owners, for the first three months of the game’s availability on the new platform. Xbox players have to pay, but at a significant discount for the same period of time.
We revisited the game, and the port of the single player story of GTA V, for its new generation release. Gamoc said in his feature, “The game is really showing its age under the new gen facelift and, if you were interested in it, you’ve probably played and enjoyed it already. It doesn’t really look like a new game, but it doesn’t look quite as old anymore either. Of course if you’re a fan of GTA Online, then playing at a higher frame rate with better graphics can only be a positive, and since that’s free on PS5 it’s a no-brainer.”
Source: press release