Ubisoft has dropped a new Rainbow Six Siege update as players continue to enjoy the game’s latest season. A quick heads up: there’s no new content or any major reworks, this latest patch is aimed at stomping a short list of frustrating bugs.
You’ll need to download and install the Rainbow Six Siege update to continue playing, Ubisoft having fixed issues with gadgets as well as the new Emerald Plains map.
Having recently finished reworking all of the older maps, the developers have committed to adding more new locations throughout 2022, along with new Operators and game modes.
Rainbow Six Siege Update | Y7S1.3 Patch Notes
Y7S1.3 PATCH SIZE
Below you will find the download sizes for each platform.
- Ubisoft Connect: 480 MB
- Steam: 394 MB
- Xbox One: 660 MB
- Xbox Series X: 655 MB
- PS4: 551 MB
- PS5: 480 MB
FIXED – Blackbeard mounted shield can block Stun Grenades.
FIXED – Defenders gadgets become indestructible after being downed or killed while holding the gadget.
FIXED – Gadgets are indestructible after getting pushed while holding the gadget in hands.
FIXED – Amaru can’t use Garra Hook to get to the top of the left tower of Emerald Plains
FIXED – Operator Portrait is not equipped after purchasing a bundle and pressing the “Equip All” button.
FIXED – Crosshair will become a white dot in multiple conditions for Montagne.
FIXED – Camera issues during match replay on Emerald Plains.
Rainbow Six Siege Y7S1 – what’s new?
Rainbow Six Siege Update Highlights
For those who want a quickfire rundown of Y7S1’s latest additions to Siege, here’s a condensed list:
- New Operator – Azami, a 2 health/2 speed defender whose throwable kunai gadget creates patches of bulletproof cover.
- New Mode – Team Deathmatch returns as a permanent game mode in Rainbow Six Siege. Respawn, change Operator, and practice before heading into competitive matches.
- Attacker Repick – Allows attackers to repick their Operator during the preparation/drone phase. Available in all game modes.
- Universal Weapon Sights – A wider range of scopes and sights now available across the game’s arsenal.
- Goyo Rework – Goyo’s gadget has been reworked – the Volcán Canister is more compact and is no longer attached to a deployed shield.
- Player Protection – Ranked Play in Siege will require authentication via phone number.
- Match Replay For Consoles – This PC feature will finally be available on consoles, allowing playback of up to 2 hours of footage (or 12 matches).
- Operator Discounts – Mozzie and Gridlock are now 10,000 Renown or 240 R6 Credits, Oryx and Iana are changing to 15,000 Renown or 360 R6 Credits, and Flores will now cost 20,000 Renown or 480 R6 Credits.
For those playing Ubi’s co-op alien shooter, Rainbow Six Extraction, the developers have recently added a new enemy type as well as a prestige system. Meanwhile, a free-to-play mobile version of Siege is currently in the works with closed tests coming soon.