Article written by tsa staff.
Published on 21/08/2009 at 12:49 PM.
Yes, we’ve already had Eric Lempel’s paraphrased update list, but that’s not good enough for us, we want the full change-list and now we have it fully translated, thanks to the AndriaSang blog. Remember, this lands on September 1st and all new PS3 Slims will ship with it pre-installed.
- Access the latest PlayStation Store contents directly from the Games and Videos sections of the XMB interface.
- Areas where the screen keyboard is shown will now allow for the ability to copy text.
- When you create folders on your media, the folders can be of the photo, music and video type.
- The sound settings area let you select simultaneous audio output, which makes the system output sound simultaneously through HDMI, optical, and AV Multi. However, everything except for the connection specified in the main audio output setting outputs in 2 channels only.
- Video settings adds HDD audio language and HDD subtitle language options. Using these, you view videos using language tracks and subtitles from your hard disk. Some content does not allow for these settings to be used.
- System settings adds the the ability to activate DTCP-IP. This lets you undergo internet based authorisation that’s required for viewing copy protected videos on a media server.
- When playing back video content, you can use the right stick on your wireless controller for forward and reverse.
- “Print this page” added to the internet browser menu.
- “Save screenshot” added to the internet browser menu.
- Can view message history between friends in the profile screen.