Spidey Shattered Dimensions' Cover?

The fourth dimension is Gimp Spider-man?

Eager to find out what the fourth and final period to grace upcoming web-slinging title Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions will be? Well, you can forget about the official(?) box art spilling the beans, as it looks the last Spidey flavour will remain under wraps for the time being. That’s if this is even real, of course. If it’s not, admire the nice Photoshop work and use the comment section below to argue the virtues of why someone would go to the hassle in the first place. Either way, it does give us a chance to talk Spidey, so here goes.

Shattered Dimensions sees Ole Spidey traverse four worlds/times as different variants of the friendly web-head in an effort to find the Tablet of Order and Chaos and stitch his now fragmented reality back together. Before Aunt May gets home and has to wash his sticky socks no doubt.

We know about noir Spidey, with his moody goggles and dark overtones. We’re also clued in to futuristic Spider-man 2099 and the more vanilla version of the character’s normal look. But what of the final dimension?

We’re hoping for Victorian Spidey, where our hero has to fight off the advances of portly English maidens hellbent on match-making when they’re not fixated on cheese festivals. All the while Master Spider-man himself must struggle to keep his massive sideburns within the confines of his itchy mohair mask.  Anyway … here’s the contentious cover.

Source: Electronic Theatre

1. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

“Match-matching?”
    I have no clue what that means.

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:03.
  2. haz360

I think it’s easily a fake. They WILL put the fourth and final Spidey on the box I think, why would they just leave him out? Also, I reckon “Amazing” Spidey will be at the front, where 2099 Spidey is in the above image as he’s the most iconic one. It’s an alright photoshop attempt I reckon though… If I am proved wrong however I will eat my words…

Either way I’m quite looking forward to this game. Bring it.

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:06.
    • Kovacs

Yeah, I saw it and thought “This can’t be real.” Thought I’d present it anyway to spark some debate and at least raise the topic of what the last dimension could be.

Look away now but … there’s “rumours” that the fourth dimension is actually Symbiote Spidey. Carnage perhaps?

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:08.
      • haz360

That would be bad-ass. Can’t think of another one that it could plausibly be really. I heard a lot of “Spider-Girl” rumours when it was first announced but I think that was more wishful thinking. Symbiote/Venom/Carnage Spidey would be interesting.

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:12.
      • Raen
        Team TSA: Writer
        Since: Mar 2009

I think it could well be a “What If” dimension where Spidey never gave up the symbiote suit. I’m fairly certain that Marvel did a What If…? comic on that theme, and as some of those comics reflect actual dimensions it is a possibility and would keep close to canon.

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:40.
      • Tuffcub
        On the naughty step.

I’m pretty confident it’s Marvel Zombies Spiderman. Firstly because, hell, its Zombies, and secondly becuase the developer didnt budge a muscle when I asked him if there were any Zombies in the game :)

Comment posted on 06/07/2010 at 00:20.
      • Kevling

Raen, I don’t have many comic books, but I have that one. The symbiotic ended up abandoning Spidey for the Hulk if I remember right…

Comment posted on 06/07/2010 at 09:38.
      • hunterstryfe

Symbiote spidey is Spider-Carnage if i recall from Spider Wars Saga

Comment posted on 06/07/2010 at 09:45.
  3. a inferior race
    I'm special

Spider-Carnage. Please be Spider-Carnage.

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:12.
    • DrNate86
      Since: Apr 2010

Second that bad boy! The image is on a few shop sites, so I don’t think it’s a fake, I think it is just a placeholder they have been given until the final is announced.

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:17.
      • Kovacs

That’s also very possible. Wouldn’t be the first time a placeholder box art was provided to retailers.

So, maybe it’s not fake. It’s just also likely not final.

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:19.
      • DrNate86
        Since: Apr 2010

Unless the final spiderman really is Gimpspidey? The only spiderman that goes out and fights crime because he likes to be slapped around a bit. Mmm yeah now I’ll be good cop and you be bad cop!

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:25.
  4. Spotter5

fourth spidey could be a shape shifter and that is his default form….

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:15.
    • Kovacs

In-ter-esting … still think it’s probably fake though :)

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:16.
  5. YOURMUMANDME
    Since: Oct 2008

I reckon that is the fourth costume and that he’s a ninja, I might sound bonkers but what really is bonkers ?

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:21.
    • jikomanzoku
      Since: Jan 2010

Gotta hate ninjas, yes Stephen hayes – I am looking at you, ya big numpty!

Comment posted on 06/07/2010 at 15:51.
  6. Person678
    BOOM! Headshot!
    Since: Jan 2009

Please be don’t screw this up whoever is making it,

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:24.
  7. Charmed_Fanatic

This is obv real ;)

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:28.
  8. Mick939

This is a placeholder has he’s not been revealed as with the thing who was a place holder for (the greatest marvel character) Gambit in Mua2

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:29.
  9. Danza Di Fuoco

Great Saiya Man?

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:33.
  10. Raen
    Team TSA: Writer
    Since: Mar 2009

I’m hoping for either bad-ass Mangaverse Spidey where he was a fucking Ninja, or 1602 Spider-Man which could be very cool and would keep with the theme that each of the dimensions represents different periods.

They could go with the Spider-Man that’s even further in the future than 2099 Spider-Man but he is dead after being killed by alternate dimension Uncle Ben and does pretty much suck.

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 22:42.