Two GT5 Collector's Editions Coming?

Because one is never enough.

The old saying “good things come to those who wait” may just ring true if this latest snippet of Gran Turismo 5 news is accurate. We already know about the ridiculously sexy Gran Turismo 5 Collector’s Edition, which features some swish car related DLC, a 300+ page Collector’s Edition book and a die cast 1:43 scale 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with a custom Gran Turismo livery – but that may not be the only special edition set to grace the PS3 if what the head of Sony Computer Entertainment India, Atindriya Bose, says is true.

Speaking to IVG he had the following to say;

For GT5, there are two collector’s editions. One is the game plus some added content and collectibles, which (has already been announced), while the other is in a really big package with a lot of paraphernalia that goes beyond the game. It’s all car-related, but I’m unaware of the exact contents. That being so expensive, we may not directly order it from Europe, but we could bring in limited quantities from Sony in the Middle East. We’ll also be working with Mercedes in some way around the GT5 launch, but we’re yet to decide the specifics of that.

Amazon.fr seems to back this up with the listing of Gran Turismo 5 – édition ultime, which is coming in at a wallet destroying €189.95.

Is a second – ‘Ultimate Edition’ – something that interests you, the consumer?

Source: IVG via GTPlanet

1. bunimomike

How much? I assume that comes with a free console, right. 8-|

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 09:18.
  2. newsky87
    Since: Apr 2010

GT5 Uber Edition. Complete with a real Nissan GT-R

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 09:19.
    • teflon
      Community Team

actually a bargain at ¢180.. :P

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 11:06.
  3. icuyesido
    Since: Jan 2010

I wouldn’t pay £150 for one game, it would need an actual car to come with it for me….I would consider getting the cheaper one with the die cast model though? Hmm… :p

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 09:19.
    • bajere

i would pay £150 if it came with a decent PS3 wheel

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 09:24.
      • fps_d0minat0r

yeah, their always on about their official wheel so i wouldn’t be surprised to see a bundle with that.

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 10:45.
  4. 3shirts

Normally I steer well clear of special editions unless they are a pre-order deal (as opposed to just being more expensive).

I am prepared to make an exception with GT though because these games are probably my favourite of all time. I spent sooo much time in GT4 and promised myself that when 5 finally lands, I will treat myself to a proper steering wheel set-up et al.
    The die cast GTR sounds awesome (though I already have one, it’s not got GT livery) and if the new edition has some unusual stuff rather than just books and t-shirts, I may be tempted to blow a months pay on the game and all related crap :)

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 09:21.
    • bajere

I really think this could be a wheel bundle…cross your fingers with me matey and we might just get it! :)

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 10:05.
      • 3shirts

That would be sweet but the proper good wheels are £200+ new so even if this is, it won’t be the likes of a G25

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 10:26.
    • Gadbury
      Since: Jan 2009

Before the days of the official GT5 wheel and the G25, my brother paid about £70-80 (I think) for a new Logitech Driving Force Pro. Has served him well, feels great and completely transforms GT4 / GT5: Prologue. Recommended if you cannot stretch to the high end of Logitech and Fanatec’s wheels. Go on 3shirts, treat yourself :)

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 12:52.
      • Gadbury
        Since: Jan 2009

In fact, I believe the DFP wheel is the same as the more expensive official GT5 wheel except the official wheel has a few extra buttons / dials for tweeking car settings on the fly (functions can still be mapped if you need them but you may run out of buttons!).

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 12:56.
      • bajere

yea, plus PD will get them in bulk and bundle with game, they will get them cheaper. so it might not be to wild a thought

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 13:52.
  5. dpb135
    Since: Oct 2008

Think Ill keep my £29.99 pre-order, cant justify that much for a game

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 09:32.
    • BadBoyBoogie
      Let There Be Rock
      Since: Mar 2009

Me too. I didn’t get as good a pre-order deal as you though as I’m paying £32.95, but £150+ seems a bit much for a game with a few extras thrown in!!

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 09:44.
      • 3shirts

You’ll look pretty foolish when I’m rocking my Polyphony socks

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 09:51.
  6. DJ-Katy
    Since: Apr 2009

They’ve been talking to Bobby clearly.

I always ignore special editions, but hmm, I may make an exception depending what’s in the pack.

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 10:00.
  7. hazelam

but still no eu release date?
    and what on earth can they put in the special special edition for it to cost that much?

Comment posted on 05/07/2010 at 10:08.