Gran Turismo 5 1.01 Patch Lands

Online!

Anyone that’s lucky enough to have snared a copy of Gran Turismo 5 before its official release date of – yes – tomorrow, would have no doubt been slightly confused as to the lack of any semblance of an online mode and lots of error messages saying that whatever you’re trying to do can’t be done with ‘this version of the game’.

Well, that’s because the version on the disk doesn’t have an online portion at all, until now.  This morning the much anticipated (at least amongst those of us trying to write up some kind of ‘review’) patch was released, which takes GT5 up to version 1.01 and adds lots of new features mainly revolving around the internet community.

So, when you get your game tomorrow look out for a more in your face install pop-up, the ability to trade car cards with friends, a comprehensive (and highly collectable) meta game in the form of the Museum and the option to create lobbies.  Oh, and of course, the chance to take the racing simulation online rather than just battling the AI.

If you want to know what we think of Gran Turismo 5 be here tomorrow, at 8am…

1. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

My brother got his ‘shipped’ email on Thursday night, his copy arrived yesterday. I’m off round his house now to play it for a couple of hours, wondering whether it will be everything I expect, or not.

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 10:26.
    • iiekka

where did he order from? i got my shipped email thrusday im hoping my copy is waiting for me at home but wont no until i get home =[

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 10:29.
  2. bunimomike

I’m gobsmacked it shipped without the online component. Still, lovely to know everyone’s is shipping already. *pops DO NOT DISTURB sign on TSA website*

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 10:31.
  3. Grey_Ghost13

Sounds like they knew copies would get out before the release date and withheld the online stuff intentionally.

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 10:33.
    • cc_star
      Team TSA: Writer

That’s normally done by just not turning the servers on, obviously games will be p2p hosted I’d have thought, but matchmaking etc requires hosted servers of some kind.

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 10:37.
      • Grey_Ghost13

Yeah forgot about that, looking into the patch it’s quite large and looks to have turned on some features. Can we expect to see a new patch from Kaz every month?

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 11:19.
  4. DJ Judas
    Epic

I don’t mind the patch really, its a bit odd though, my guess is that the game was nowhere near as finished as we were lead to believe.

Can’t wait to play, mines just been delivered, now to clock watch until 5.

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 10:47.
  5. GranTurismo-Disciple
    Since: Oct 2010

So i have to wait for it to download 133MB then a 50 mins install when i get my copy today :( 12.30PM can’t come quick enough.

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 11:32.
    • cam the man

You’ve waited so long for the game another hour or two wont hurt.

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 13:53.
  6. GranTurismo-Disciple
    Since: Oct 2010

P.s if this was exclusive to M$ do you reckon we would have had to pay for this patch to unlock stuff?

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 11:35.
    • KeRaSh

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 11:43.
    • 3shirts

Given that you pay for online anyway, I think they’d have been beyond insane to do that

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 13:24.
  7. ElGuason
    Since: Oct 2010

awesome i wish i could play my copy!!!

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 11:46.
  8. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Will have my copy at 23.59 hrs tonight. We CANNOT wait!

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 11:58.
  9. BoyDay
    Since: Oct 2008

I got a copy in the post this morning – finally starting to believe the release date now!

Think I’ll be sending it back though as I forgot I had pre-ordered online and went into my local Game to pre-order the £130 edition which I plan on picking up in the morning for the extra cars.

To be honest I’ll probably end up opening this one tonight to do the install and patch and get to play a bit, then trade it tomorrow towards the ultimate edition so I can take that home and get my extra cars!

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 12:05.
  10. GranTurismo-Disciple
    Since: Oct 2010

Within 5mins of my first comment my postman must be having a good day cos he was an hour early and the patch has nearly downloaded, whoop GT5 is finally real!!!!. Peace out people.

Comment posted on 23/11/2010 at 12:07.