Article written by tsa staff.
Published on 20/12/2010 at 01:00 PM.
As if Polyphony hasn’t annoyed enough of us with massive installs, along comes another update for Gran Turismo 5, taking the game to version 1.05.
This time the patch size has jumped considerably, sitting at just over 600MB, and whilst there’s not yet a definitive changelog a few reports have emerged from those that have already downloaded the rather chunky update.
First up is the welcome option to switch off the HUD in-race – something that was a gripe from the beginning, especially as GT5′s heads up display takes up most of the screen real estate.
Elsewhere, there’s apparently the option to have mechanical damage in offline practise mode and a ‘grip reduction’ setting for wet tracks, and you can also rewind your replays – great for photo mode.
There’s also talk of the ability to back up your save game, although we’re hoping that they’re not transferrable from user to user, as there’s bound to be one central ‘master save’ with everything unlocked within the hour if that’s the case.
If there’s anything else we’ll update this post.
Update: Here is a list of changes the patch brings:
- “[Seasonal Events] have been added to the upper left side of the [GT Mode] – [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team.
In these events, all participants race under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. In Time Trials and Drift Trials, compete on the leader boards with players around the world.
- An [Online Dealership] has been added to the left center of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare used cars. You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealer]
- Online Race Rewards and Experience
When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points.
Therefore if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].
- Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races
The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage].
Here again the results from your online play will c*mulate within [GT Life].
- Improved Rewards
The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011)
This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.
- Race Information Display
[Race Information Display] is now available in [Start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also see this in [Race Display] in [Options]).
- Save Data Backup
You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].
- Personal BGM (Menu)
From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio], it is now possible to set the [Personal BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be accessed from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).
- Car Name Change
The official name of “Red Bull X1″ has been changed to “Red Bull X2010″.
- Integration with the Website
The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the “gran-turismo.com” official website.
- [Important Note:]
* We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was here before the update has been reset.”
Thanks, Dr Davros