inFAMOUS 2 "Was The Number One Software SKU in June"

Sony going strong.

I have a terrible confession to make… my copy of inFAMOUS 2 remains unopened; buried under a stack of review code.

Luckily I seem to be in the minority though, as Sony has made the following comment on the June NPD figures for the US:

“According to the latest NPD report, PlayStation continues to see growth in software with a strong demand for exclusive PlayStation 3 franchise titles.

The recently launched InFamous 2 was the number one software SKU in June.

In addition, momentum is accelerating with the upcoming fall releases of Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 on the horizon. This week the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta surpassed 1.5 million unique players, demonstrating the strength of the PlayStation platform and consumers’ interest in gaming experiences that combine rich stories, challenging gameplay, and exhilarating 3D immersion.”

I really need to unwrap inFAMOUS 2 and crack on with it.

Source: VG247

1. tantalus_blank
    Since: Nov 2008

I’m in a similar boat – just borrowed it off a friend though so should be getting to it soon :)

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 08:18.
  2. DirtyHabit

Tis a great game, I’m about half way through and loving it. Not got any complaints about the first one either TBH, the second seems as if someone has come along and added the flesh to the bones.

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 08:56.
  3. R4U Eldave0
    andUandU

Started Infamous2 last night with the intention of playing about an hour or so before cracking on with some housework, etc…. I think I switched it off at around 1am this morning. Terrific game and highly addictive :D

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 09:13.
    • R4U Eldave0
      andUandU

One small thing that keeps bugging me however is that the game doesn’t seem to have a pull-down move when you are hanging off the edge of a building, ala Uncharted. I’ve lost count how many times I see an enemy walk near the edge and I try and pull him off before realising I can’t :$ lol.

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 09:43.
      • DirtyHabit

Couldn’t agree more, sorely missing from the game. Especially with the amount of climbing involved.

I mean c’mon. Every game should give you the ability to pull off the odd bad guy.. :)

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 10:05.
      • R4U Eldave0
        andUandU

Glad its not just me lol :) Other than that small ommission the rest of the climbing controls feel spot on :D

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 10:10.
  4. ProjectJAY

Beaten it as Cole McGood, and I absolutely loved it. It’s probably the best sequel I’ve played so far this year; it took literally everything from the first game and improved on it.

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 09:30.
  5. retro_

Played through as good, now about 80% of the way through as Evil. It’s a very polished 8.5/10 game.

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 09:35.
  6. Mick939

Amazing game… May of shed a tear at the end

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 09:37.
  7. jbni
    Since: Apr 2010

I read an interesting take on N4G about the Uncharted 3 beta figures, saying 1.5m players was ‘underwhelming’ for an open beta, when compared to those of Gears of War 3, which you could only access after buying Bulletstorm.
    The counter argument is that GoW3 has a more dedicated MP community, whereas more people prefer Uncharted’s SP campaign.

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 10:42.
  8. pantherjag
    Since: Mar 2011

Jbni

Makes sense i suppose. i know off at least 5-6 people that would name uncharted 2 as one off the best games the’ve ever played yet didnt download the uncharted 3 beta.

I myself only downloaded it to take a look at the graphics having loved uncharted 2 but never played multiplayer. before i knew it i was addicted to the beta with my only complaint being that it took just a few too many bullets to kill people with the ak47 at times.

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 10:54.
    • R4U Eldave0
      andUandU

lol, similar story for me too. I never really got into the multi for U2 but my mate bought the U3 beta over just to show me it and I got hooked after just a couple of rounds. Really good fun

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 10:59.
  9. xdarkmagician

Good gameplay, terrible story, just terrible… although Zeke has a few really good lines, but still a fun game. I can understand why it’s the top June seller, but honestly it didn’t have much competition, so not that impressed. actually I’d figure Wipeout HD or Dead Nation would have destroyed everything, but I guess Sony doesn’t want to count those, lol. As for U3, not impressed at all, still major balancing issues and too many match making problems for me, but I guess that’s what demos, er, I mean betas are for. But since both games will require the PSN pass they’re both getting rented, especially since Naughty hasn’t confirmed U3s length yet… I’m not falling for the we added 3D and removed 6 hours trick again… I’m still looking at you KZ3.

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 10:57.
    • R4U Eldave0
      andUandU

Agreed, KZ3 was a little short wasn’t it? That said, the shorter length did make me want to play it through again on a higher difficulty and snag that platinum trophy so… :)

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 11:02.
    • skibadee
      Since: Oct 2009

seems to me your a hard person to please.

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 11:54.
    • skibadee
      Since: Oct 2009

there were a lot of games released in June for PS3/Xbox 360 so why your trying to rubbish what IF2 has done is just plain strange to me.

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 12:32.
    • teflon
      Community Team

Oh, it’s definitely not a demo, it’s very very very much a beta, and a ton of balancing will go on with the gameplay from here until release.

The Uncharted 2 beta had a very different balance to the final release of UC2.

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 12:42.
      • R4U Eldave0
        andUandU

“The Uncharted 2 beta had a very different balance to the final release of UC2.”
        You’re quite right, after all the U2 beta didn’t have the situational awareness perk ;)

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 14:12.
  10. Rocket_345

Still to get this but but am planning on getting it at the start of next month along with the other games that i’ve yet to get like Dirt 3, Motorstrom Apocalypse and Mass Effect 2. A busy month gaming next month and all that is with the regualar KZ3 boots, SARPBC meets and whatever else is created that i’ve got.

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 12:40.
    • tonycawley
      Pint! Pint!

How can you own mass effect 2 and not have played it? Put it on you madman, trust me, once you do you won’t play anything else.

Comment posted on 15/07/2011 at 22:53.