Uncharted 3 Includes Access to Starhawk Beta

In the US, at least.

Naughty Dog has confirmed that all retail copies of Uncharted 3, in the US at least, will come with a voucher granting access to the 2012 Starhawk beta.

Also included on the disc are four behind-the-scenes videos detailing the development and production of Uncharted 3.

“We also wanted to tell you about another very cool bonus that our tireless dev team helped produce,” said the developers.  “We’ll have four behind-the-scenes videos detailing the development and production of UNCHARTED 3 for free and available on the retail UNCHARTED 3 disc! ”

We’ve seen a couple of these videos, and they’re great.  Our full review of Uncharted 3 hits TSA on the 24th of October.

Source: US PS Blog

1. PoolieMike
    Since: Oct 2008

24th of September? I’ll just go set my time machine for that date.

Comment posted on 12/10/2011 at 08:33.
  2. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

Wonder if it’s worthwhile early access or just something like 24hrs earlier than being made available by other means like Bf3.

Of course I’d do anything to access Starhawk even if it is only a day or two extra, altho over here it will probably be all PS+ers if it’s anything like previous betas

Looking forward to this, loving the multiplayer.

Comment posted on 12/10/2011 at 08:54.
  3. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

Like they needed any extra incentives to sell UC3.

Comment posted on 12/10/2011 at 09:49.
    • KeRaSh

That’s what I thought but Starhawk Beta access would be something that I’d actually consider useful to me. I usually ignore the pre-order bonuses or early access codes.

On a side note: That new grey box above the comments that shows the featured articles is annoying. It is not symmetrical (three articles in top row, one in the right corner in second row) and I’d rather just visit the home page to get an overview of the featured articles so it’s kind of redundant for me.

Comment posted on 12/10/2011 at 10:39.
      • bacon_nuts
        Since: Mar 2011

+1 on the featured articles doo-dah, like it in the Home page, but not on each article..

Comment posted on 12/10/2011 at 16:00.
    • Scythegpd
      Since: Jul 2010

I think you’re looking at this the wrong way.
      Many people tried Warhawk on launch and gave up due to the abysmal network issues that plagued it for the first 3 months or so.
      Many more tried it a while after launch and gave up due to the near vertical learning curve.
      And many many more just never got it because it was “old” by the time they got a PS3 (although IMO still the best online console game full stop).

So considering that don’t think of this beta as an additional incentive for people to buy Uncharted (like bundling the Gears beta with a disappointing game to push up sales), consider it more Sony using the popularity of Uncharted to leverage massive interest in a game that many current PS3 owners would have either ignored or given up on when considering its predecessor.

Comment posted on 12/10/2011 at 13:09.
      • Rocket_345

Wasn’t the Gears beta bundled with Bulletstorm. If so hardly a dissapointing game. My favourite shooter of the year so far it just didnt do that well in retail.

Comment posted on 12/10/2011 at 19:17.
  4. MayContainEvil
    Since: Feb 2011

I had this preordered anyway, those behind the scenes videos should be good though, I loved the one Deus Ex: HR had.

Comment posted on 12/10/2011 at 11:12.
  5. Jakster123x
    Since: Aug 2011

Hopefully in the EU it goes out to PS+ members

Comment posted on 12/10/2011 at 12:21.
  6. NOSAJ19
    Since: Sep 2009

I really hope that the BETA code is included in Uncharted 3 in Europe!

Comment posted on 12/10/2011 at 13:06.
  7. bacon_nuts
    Since: Mar 2011

I hope us Yurps get it. Would love to beta starhawk.

Comment posted on 12/10/2011 at 16:00.
  8. Rocket_345

TBH nothing they add to Uncharted 3, whether it be behind the scenes, betas, hell they could even give me 1+2 for free with it, will make me more exicted for this game more than i am. I’ve never had my Dad book the day off work to take me to go get a game but i did for this. Although i hope that this is either true or Plus members get the beta as Starhawk is a game that i’m currently no sure about so it will help.

Comment posted on 12/10/2011 at 19:20.