Assassin's Creed Movie Domains Registered

The Brotherhood coming to a screen near you.

An Assassin’s Creed movie looks to be a certainty after Sony was spotted registering domains for the project.

It had been reported last week that Sony Pictures and Ubisoft were in discussions to make an Assassin’s Creed movie and it has emerged that Sony registered no fewer than 16 domains for a possible motion picture on October 20th.

Any Assassin’s Creed movie project would likely be overseen by Ubisoft Motion Pictures, a branch of the company that was created earlier this year to ensure that any film adaptations of Ubisoft IPs would accurately reflect their games. Does this means there’s actually hope for a passable Assassin’s Creed movie? Only time will tell…

Source: Fusible

1. posem

Vittoria Agli Assassini!!!

Comment posted on 24/10/2011 at 13:35.
  2. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

I’d love them to do something like the Last Crusade book, where they wrap some of the Altair games into one (AC1 and Bloodlines).
    For the action scenes, all Ubisoft need to do is re-create some of there trailers. Great action, slow-mo scenes and gore, topped with some brilliant music on top of it. Epic!

Comment posted on 24/10/2011 at 13:47.
    • bacon_nuts
      Since: Mar 2011

TRUE, the modern music works particularly well in the trailers also, in my opinion.

Comment posted on 24/10/2011 at 16:15.
  3. ashw92
    Since: Aug 2010

I think AC has the potential for a great film. I just hope having Ubi involved means it stays true. Plus this would set a nice benchmark for some other game movies e.g. Uncharted if this comes out before it.

Comment posted on 24/10/2011 at 13:53.
  4. Forrest_01

I dunno, there have been some good video game movies, but they are very few & far between. I hope this bucks the trend & is actually good, but the cynic in me is telling me it’ll be awful no matter how much Ubi are involved.

Comment posted on 24/10/2011 at 14:11.
    • jikomanzoku
      Since: Jan 2010

In a non hostile and rather amused fashion I challenge you to name one! :D I racked my brain like crazy and couldn’t come up with one, though I do acknowledge personal preference and taste make that a highly subjective thing :)

I keep thinking of poor old Raul Julia’s final film before snuffing it being Street Fighter – with Kylie Minogue – hehehe

Comment posted on 24/10/2011 at 15:29.
      • Forrest_01

Ugh – Definitely not Street Fighter! That was awful. :)

Three that come to mind as personal faves of mine are Mortal Kombat (the first one, not the abomination that was the sequel), Silent Hill & Resident Evil, which i quite liked.

I also thought that the Prince of Persia movie was pretty decent too.

It is pretty slim pickings though. I’m sure there must be more that i can’t think of right now though.

Comment posted on 24/10/2011 at 16:01.
      • jikomanzoku
        Since: Jan 2010

Cool, can’t remember much from the original mortal kombat (bar JC packet checking goro for some reason) but loved the pyramid head sequence in Silent Hill. Had forgotten that even existed.

Comment posted on 24/10/2011 at 22:05.
  5. simplebob
    Since: Mar 2009

Prince of Persia meets Jason Bourne with a lot more sharp stabby things. Could be onto a winner.

Comment posted on 24/10/2011 at 14:24.
  6. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

If it is a CGI movie then it could be good, if it is not and is directed by Uwe Boll then it will be deader then dead.

I would prefer a CGI movie as they can get the voice actors and usually CGI films of video games do tend to be good. :)

Comment posted on 24/10/2011 at 16:23.
  7. zide
    Since: Jun 2010

Movie accurately reflecting a video game.

HAHAHA, no. You people should know better.

Comment posted on 24/10/2011 at 16:46.
  8. Jakster123x
    Since: Aug 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Comment posted on 24/10/2011 at 16:52.
  9. Spaaarky
    Since: Sep 2011

so if they do this film, who would you have play desmond/ezio??

Surely it would have to be Francisco Randez

Comment posted on 25/10/2011 at 10:31.