No More Uncharted 3 DLC, Updates Until 2012

ND has yet to set a date.

Naughty Dog has confirmed via Facebook that the Uncharted dev has no plans to launch any new patches or downloadable content until the new year. According to the update, the earliest that we’ll be seeing any more post-launch support will be in January though a “hard date” has yet to be set.

Aside from weighted map rotations and the occasional bit of unfair matchmaking, Uncharted 3′s online multiplayer is fairly problem-free.

That said, the lack of accessible character customisation options (a feature many players were hyped for) has been a little disappointing, though this may be remedied in future DLC. Since the inclusion of “alternate aiming” the campaign is also considerably more enjoyable, somehow making gunplay a lot more accurate and fluid.

Naughty Dog has previously confirmed that the first DLC pack for Uncharted 3 will be dubbed the “Flashback Map Pack #1″ and will be composed of four classic Uncharted 2 multiplayer arenas included re-worked version of The Ice Caves, Sanctuary, and The Fort.

However, as we’ve pointed at before, given the “#1″ in the title, we can expect a second Flashback Map Pack, meaning that all 8 original Uncharted 2 maps will at some point feature in the sequel.

Source: Naughty Dog Official Facebook

1. teflon
    Community Team

There’s loads of character customisation…
    You can’t change the base model, but there’s glasses, hats, jackets, all of which can have their colours changed, whilst the custom emblems are pretty varied and flexible too.

Comment posted on 22/12/2011 at 09:17.
    • Jim Hargreaves

Yep, that’s what I referred to. There /are/ options but they’re limited to 1-3 hats per character (with no options for downloaded characters.)

From the beta I was expecting to see Sully lay the smackdown in a fedora and mankini.

Comment posted on 22/12/2011 at 09:21.
      • teflon
        Community Team

Ah, I get you. Not really a big deal for me. I’m too busy shooting anything that moves ;)

Comment posted on 22/12/2011 at 11:29.
  2. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

I shall grab the U3 DLC bundle/pass thing over Xmas….can’t wait to open this on Christmas Day!

Comment posted on 22/12/2011 at 09:26.
  3. bacon_nuts
    Since: Mar 2011

Don’t think I’ll get the flashback pack, I somehow enjoyed the UC3 multiplayer less than UC2. I loved the simplicity, choose a skin, and some boosters, then everyone gets an AK, and is pretty much level. I can’t be bothered with treasures, load outs, kickbacks, and a few different appearance options on base models that look fairly boring. I’m not saying it’s bad, it’s just not really my thing. I think it overcomplicates the game somewhat.

Comment posted on 22/12/2011 at 09:32.
    • Jim Hargreaves

You can always play Hardcore. It’s a throwback to Uncharted 2′s Team Deathmatch (and there are plenty of people playing it.)

Sometimes boosters and weapon mods do seem like a nuisance but at least it adds some extra flare.

Comment posted on 22/12/2011 at 09:37.
      • goodgoa
        Since: Apr 2010

Only problem with Hardcore is that the FAL is so overpowered in it.

Comment posted on 23/12/2011 at 15:08.
  4. Tomhlord
    Team TSA: Writer
    Since: Apr 2009

Oh my word, the world has ended! No more Uncharted 3 DLC for, ooh, 2 weeks while Christmas happens. Come on Sony, not good enough ;)

Comment posted on 22/12/2011 at 09:36.
  5. Kaminari
    Since: Jan 2010

It’s clearly not good enough for people who coughed up 25 euros for a FHC pass that does nothing.

Comment posted on 22/12/2011 at 11:40.
  6. david24
    Since: Feb 2011

in case anyone didn’t know, doughnut lazaravich is now free on the store for all fhc pass owners, also any one that owns the pass and bought doughnut lazaravich should be refunded.

Comment posted on 22/12/2011 at 12:34.
  7. fattyuk
    Since: Apr 2010

once again us as consumers get pissed on again by the by the big bad companies its just not good enough!! Lol only joking tis only a few weeks away gonna fire her up tonight i think want to replay the main campaign again with my spanking new 3d telly!

Comment posted on 22/12/2011 at 12:54.
  8. JBoo
    Banned
    Since: Oct 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 22/12/2011 at 13:11.
  9. MayContainEvil
    Since: Feb 2011

I’m going to go back and finish this over the holidays, I tried the online last night but it wouldn’t connect.

Comment posted on 22/12/2011 at 13:12.
    • Jim Hargreaves

With most games, DLC is planned way in advance. Given that most of the maps are re-makes, I doubt Naughty Dog will have spent an excessive amount of time working on DLC.

Comment posted on 05/01/2012 at 17:49.
  10. Smallville2106
    Since: Feb 2011

Can’t believe this info has it’s own article. There is only 9 days left of 2011 and with Xmas and New Year did anyone really expect anything anyway?

Comment posted on 22/12/2011 at 16:53.