Bethesda Releases Details For Skyrim 1.5 Update

More kill cam

Bethesda have released a list of the latest update that will be coming to Skyrim, including the addition of a kill cam for projectile weapons and magic.

A trailer has been released showing those off.

The full list of updates includes:

NEW FEATURES

• New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
  • New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
  • Shadows on grass available (PC)
  • Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
  • Improved visual transition when going underwater
  • Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes

BUG FIXES

• General crash fixes and memory optimizations
  • Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
  • In “A Cornered Rat,” the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
  • Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion’s quests properly
  • Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
  • Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
  • Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
  • Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
  • Fixed issue where “Rescue Mission” was preventing “Taking Care of Business” from starting properly
  • Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
  • Fixed issue in “Diplomatic Immunity” where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
  • In “Hard Answers,” picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
  • Killing Viola before or after “Blood on the Ice” no longer blocks progression
  • Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in “Blood on the Ice”
  • In “Waking Nightmare” fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
  • Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
  • Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
  • Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
  • Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
  • Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
  • Fixed issue where the Headsman’s Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
  • In “A Night to Remember” it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
  • Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow
  • Fixed issue with “The Wolf Queen Awakened” where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
  • The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
  • Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
  • In “Tending the Flames” King Olaf’s Verse will no longer disappear from explosions.

The update is now live on Steam under the name Beta Update, and will come to PS3 and Xbox 360 soon.

Source: Bethesda Blog

1. aerobes

Good that they’re still intent in making it the game it should’ve been on the disc but I struggled through the issues and platinumed it a while back. I doubt I’ll ever play this game again.

Comment posted on 15/03/2012 at 20:37.
    • blackredyellow
      Since: Mar 2009

Even if there’s DLC released?

Comment posted on 15/03/2012 at 21:21.
      • aerobes

Yeah. Though part of that is also to do with how screwed up my PS3 has become. HD port is broken, the disc drive doesn’t work and I recently lost all my data too.

I just look forward to a Fallout announcement now.

Comment posted on 16/03/2012 at 00:33.
      • Forrest_01

Ouch, sorry to hear that matey!

I know from personal experience how disheartening it is when things don’t work as they should (or just plain don’t work!). Hope something gets sorted for you soon.

Comment posted on 16/03/2012 at 12:59.
      • blackredyellow
        Since: Mar 2009

Ah man that sucks. Losing the data is a kick in the balls when you’re already down!

Comment posted on 16/03/2012 at 13:58.
      • aerobes

Yeah, thanks guys. It’s a pisser but I’m sure things will pick up soon. It can be my secondary machine for netflix and downloadable games once I get a new one. :)

Comment posted on 17/03/2012 at 04:20.
  2. ShovellyJoe
    Since: Oct 2008

German Suplex!!

Comment posted on 15/03/2012 at 20:56.
  3. MICKY17

Always nice to have new features, now please give us some info on any DLC. At the moment I’ve got no reason to go back to Skyrim until that’s out.

Comment posted on 15/03/2012 at 21:22.
  4. rSp8

How about they fix that “aiming the beams of light” quest from the mages college quest line? Especially annoying as there are trophies linked to it.

Comment posted on 15/03/2012 at 22:26.
  5. Awayze
    Since: Jul 2010

Think I will start playing Skyrim now.

Comment posted on 16/03/2012 at 01:07.
  6. simplebob
    Since: Mar 2009

Having a break from Skyrim at the mo while I play through some of the bargains picked up from Game. This should pull me back to Skyrim nicely.

Comment posted on 16/03/2012 at 09:13.
  7. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

It looks like i may have to wait a while before i can even get to the title screen when i do get Skyrim, but it will be worth it.

Although, i swear that they told us that Ranged killcams would be in the game from the start. I hope that they add the ability to attack whilst in water as it makes no sense having an enemy in the water without having any way to defend yourself.

Comment posted on 16/03/2012 at 12:36.
  8. BigCheese

Wow, I forgot this game existed! I expect I’ll try it out again tonight (for the first time since January!) to check out the kill cams but Skyrim really failed to grip me and the repetitive quests and dungeons/caves made it such a drag after a while.

Comment posted on 16/03/2012 at 15:15.