Joe Danger 2 Goes Gold - Out "Sometime This Month"

Sequel ready for action.

The game's latest trailer.
Hello Games’ Sean Murray has emailed TheSixthAxis to let us know that their latest game – Joe Danger 2: The Movie – has gone gold.

“We were still here tinkering and making changes, and then it just kind of happened without us noticing,” Sean said.

“Those improvements will get wrapped into a patch no doubt,” said the studio boss. “We’re like those guys they found still manning gun turrets years after the war had ended.”

“I’m not even sure how I feel about it,” he added. “Weird probably sums it up best.”

“I’m not going to work on a new Joe Danger game again,” admitted Sean, “which is really sad and amazing at the same time.”

“Our faces are bursting with excitement for the game to be finished though,” he said, “and hopefully soon to be released. It honestly is the best thing we’ve ever done. I’m so incredibly happy with how the game has turned out.”

The game is initially launching on Xbox 360, with a PS3 version assumed to be following behind. A firm release date for the former is expected soon.

1. Forrest_01

With “assumed” being the operative word – Still finding it very strange that a PS3 version hasn’t even been formally announced as yet.

Surely they aren’t silly enough to entirely neglect the platform that got them started. Are they?

Comment posted on 03/09/2012 at 16:22.
    • Darth Newdar
      Since: Oct 2010

Let’s hope not…

Comment posted on 03/09/2012 at 16:36.
  2. stage1
    Since: Feb 2012

Looks like they’ve given a big F U to PS3 and Sony so I guess i’ll give them one back buy purchasing nothing by them.

Comment posted on 03/09/2012 at 16:26.
  3. aerobes

Won’t be buying this even if it does turn up on PS3. Not because of the Sony/Microsoft thing which I couldn’t care less about, they have to make the best business decisions for themselves. But because the first was overrated tat which was priced way too high. When they move on from Joe Danger, I’ll have a look at what they’re doing.

Comment posted on 03/09/2012 at 17:35.
  4. Kitch

It seems weird that the Fanboy flames seem to be getting stoked by Sony themselves. I’ll be getting this when it eventually turns up because the last one ate a good few hours of my life.

Comment posted on 03/09/2012 at 17:48.
    • skibadee
      Since: Oct 2009

what has it got to do with Sony? trust me MS have paid for exclusivity month or more.

Comment posted on 04/09/2012 at 00:43.
  5. Carl
    Since: Jan 2009

They turned me off with the “PSN buyers were beta testers for the superior 360 version they will never get” malarky, so i’ll not be buying this.

Comment posted on 03/09/2012 at 18:42.
  6. skibadee
    Since: Oct 2009

let MS have it gone of hello games.

Comment posted on 03/09/2012 at 18:55.
  7. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

It’s not even the exclusivity that pisses me off, it’s that Hello games have shown NO acknowledgement of the PS3 gamers that gave them this opportunity. I’d never expect such a dick move from people of indie roots. F**k ‘em.

Comment posted on 03/09/2012 at 19:11.
    • uk_judgement

I completely agree.

I’d be interested to know if there is a relationship left between Hello and Sony and the reasons behind what seems to be a total defection to a competitor (this time MS but it could as easily been Nintendo)….especially as Hello sung Sony’s praises while in development.

Comment posted on 03/09/2012 at 20:02.
  8. Dazbobaby
    Since: Aug 2010

So it it safe to assume there’ll be numerous bugs?

Comment posted on 03/09/2012 at 22:55.