Mass Effect Coming To PS3

The trilogy is complete.

Mass Effect, the first one, will finally appear on the PlayStation 3.

A compilation, dubbed the Mass Effect Trilogy, will include all three “award-winning” Mass Effect games in one box.

It’ll be available on November 6th this year, for whatever $60 translates to in local money, on PC and Xbox 360, with the PS3 version to follow.

“Coinciding with the launch of Mass Effect Trilogy,” says the PR, “BioWare will kick off the first annual “N7 Day,” a worldwide celebration of the Mass Effect franchise on November 7, 2012.”

The ability to download the first game for PS3 in digital format has also been confirmed.

1. andymclelland
    Since: Jun 2010

Oooooooo nice, might put off getting back into ME2 and wait for this.

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 16:11.
  2. Charmed_Fanatic

Shocked! I thought microsoft had the rights or something like that?

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 16:13.
    • cc_star
      Team TSA: Writer

Yeah, I know Bioware own ME as a whole, but I thought the money put up by MS for the publishing deal meant they owned ME1.

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 16:24.
      • bmg_123
        Since: Feb 2012

Perhaps by doing them in a trilogy set they have avoided the license to ME1?

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 16:26.
      • Deathbrin

But the game will be separate on PSN still?

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 18:42.
      • damoxuk
        Since: May 2011

Unless like most things MS publishing rights weren’t indefinite.

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 18:58.
  3. Bodachi
    Since: Jan 2010

Would of been nice during the summer when I had a lot more free time.

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 16:18.
  4. Soild_Nat
    Since: Apr 2009

I hope they do ME1 kind of stand alone. I have played ME2 and ME3 through to the end and have made my choices. I always wanted to play ME1 and i am thrilled at this opportunity, but i don’t have any inclination to then play 2 and 3 again based on what i do in ME1. I hope the digital pricing isn’t stupid!

I guess MS are getting something by getting the trilogy first, with the PS3 version to follow i bet they have some timed exclusive or something like that.

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 16:32.
    • Sympozium

It is stand alone digitally, and I guess you mean boxed but yeah would be nice for a collection if it was.

Comment posted on 27/09/2012 at 07:32.
    • Scotty34
      Since: Apr 2011

I dont think you need to worry about the actions you choose, you might want to play them into ME2, but inevitably you still have a different coloured ending in ME3 lol. ME1 is amazing imo and makes you want to play ME2 (with miranda! YAY :P) and ME2 does an amazing job at making you want to play ME3!

Im just bitter because I never wanted the series to end, so no ending was going to be acceptable in my eyes!

Comment posted on 27/09/2012 at 13:43.
  5. GregHorrorShow

Nice that they are bringing it over to PS3 but having made my choices in the comic intro in ME2 (of which I can’t even remember what I picked) I’m not sure I’ll play this.

Unless they have some wonderful way of importing your Shepard and the game knowing the choices you made in the comic.

I guess that’s just like playing it through it without the choice so maybe not :o/

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 16:38.
  6. JBoo
    Banned
    Since: Oct 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 16:44.
  7. Crazy_Del

Hmmmm….. don’t want to be negative. But I am very annoyed to hear “It’ll never happen” when we heard about Mass Effect for PS3 which was Never, same applies to Crysis until it finally hit PSN (At a very good price)
    As much as I love Mass Effect I wouldn’t mind getting it but there’s so many games and so little time.
    It is indeed great news for PS3 too. I feel bad if somebody tried out ME2 for the 1st time and got hooked and bought the First one on either PC or Xbox 360 (Perhaps the console too)
    Now I am going to have to think about this and hopefully it is cheap on PSN but I fear the file size!

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 16:50.
    • maneorix
      Since: Oct 2008

If you haven’t played it before, I’d recommend it. If not, the platinum takes a lot of playthroughs to get, so I don’t think it’d be worth it on that account. That said I’m gunning it down. Yeah.

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 17:02.
      • Crazy_Del

I got the 900/1000 achievement on it years ago. Took me 3 Playthroughs (The Insane Difficulty somehow glitched as it did not awarded the achievement when completing!)

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 17:14.
  8. maneorix
    Since: Oct 2008

Sooooo pumped about this news. I’m not sure about going through all three again, but I WILL play the first one enough times to get that platinum – and that requires a few plays.. I want it nao!!

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 17:00.
  9. TSBonyman

Awesome, i’ll grab the first game day one! Is there expansion dlc for the first game? i wonder if like with ME2 that will be included day one. Can’t wait!

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 17:01.
    • TSBonyman

Also i wonder if it’s a straight port of the original or if it’s running on their newer game engine?

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 17:06.
  10. wirralsman
    Since: Oct 2010

Finally a good excuse to get into this franchise!

Comment posted on 26/09/2012 at 17:54.