Slender is quite terrifying. Get the lights down and a pair of headphones on and the atmospheric walk through the woods becomes a tense and nervy anticipation of the worst. Even when you know what’s coming, it still has a good chance of dampening your undergarments.
Now the developers, Blue Isle Studios, are taking pre-orders for the free game’s fully fledged sequel release, Slender: The Arrival on PC. Paying to pre-order the game will give you immediate access to the beta as well as a number of other goodies, depending on how much you’re willing to lay down for your order.
The sequel’s teaser trailer is scary already.
It’s a tiered structure, with higher tiers getting you access to things like the soundtrack or even having your name in the credits. The lowest possible price is just £3.27 (it’s converted from $5), which is just half what the game will launch for when it’s finished.
Here are the tiers, quoted from the official website:
- £3.27 – Pre-order Discount: We’ll give you a downloadable copy of the game on release, as well as access to our beta test today
- £6.54 – Retail Price: Same as the pre-order discount, but you are feeling generous. Thank you!
- £9.81 – Soundtrack Edition: You get a downloadable copy of the game, access to the beta, and a downloadable copy of the game’s soundtrack on release day
- £16.34 – Special Edition:We’ll send you everything listed above, plus 5 downloadable high resolution paintings from the game
- £39.22 – Producer’s Edition: You get everything listed above, plus a very special thank you with your name listed in the game’s credits alongside the developers
Source: Blue Isle Studios