This Year's Main European PlayStation Plus Titles Revealed

It's been a year, so what's coming next for the service?

It was a year ago when Sony announced that PlayStation Plus would have something called the Instant Game Collection. That service would see a monthly rotation of PlayStation 3 games (later expanded to include PlayStation Vita games too) and – in addition – a trio of games that would remain the same throughout the year.

For the last twelve months, in among all the monthly titles that came and went (and there has been some real crackers), Sony offered European PlayStation Plus subscribers the brilliant LittleBigPlanet 2, the expansive inFamous 2 and near-future racer MotorStorm Apocalypse. Soon, those titles will be replaced with another set of games that’ll stay for a year.

So, what are we getting in their place? Well, how about the rather splendid Nathan Drake in Uncharted 3 (well, the single player at least)? And how about some LittlebigPlanet Karting, from the guys that made ModNation Racers featuring everyone’s favourite burlap mascot. And finally, you’ll be able to grab XCOM: Enemy Unknown, a neat third party offering.

Remember to grab LBP2, inFamous 2 and MotorStorm before the 12th of June, as that’s when the games will swap over.

1. rSp8

I thought we’d get LBP Karting and wondered if some Uncharted would be in there, but thought it would be one of the first two. Surprised at XCOM, hope it’s compatible with my save from the disk version so I can trade it in.

Comment posted on 07/06/2013 at 16:06.
  2. ProjectJAY

XCOM.

Awwwwww yiss.

Comment posted on 07/06/2013 at 16:10.
    • MayContainEvil
      Since: Feb 2011

This. I have it on steam but I’ve been eyeing up the PS3 version for ages, just couldn’t justify spending more on that now then I did on steam a few weeks after release. So this solves everything!

Cheers Sony, plus subscribers +1

Comment posted on 09/06/2013 at 01:12.
  3. jimmy-google

Unfortunately I have 2 of those but then I had all 3 last year. I’ll be giving XCOM a try when the 12th comes around.

Comment posted on 07/06/2013 at 16:10.
  4. hazelam

well i’ve already got UC3 on disc, which will save me quite a bit of hd space.
    i’m not the biggest karting fan, but hey, it’s a decent game.

XCom though, i’ve been wanting to play that, so that’s cool.

Comment posted on 07/06/2013 at 16:11.
  5. BrendanCalls
    Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc - YOHIMBÉ!!!

Freaking fantastic, I’ve been anticipating this post for a few weeks now and I’ve not been disappointed. Looking forward to XCOM the most, but LBP Karting will be excellent especially for co-op with my mates.
    I had a hope that maybe we would see Playstation Allstars Battle Royale, but alas its not to be. I have equally fantastic games to keep me ticking over ;-)

Comment posted on 07/06/2013 at 16:11.
  6. R1MJAW

Not really interested in either U3 or XCOM and LBPK was a major disappointment, MNR was much better.

Comment posted on 07/06/2013 at 16:18.
  7. damoxuk
    Since: May 2011

XCOMMMMM. Best game of past 5 years simple.

I liked it so much I even platted it – the pain of Impossible still haunts me :D

Comment posted on 07/06/2013 at 16:18.
    • matthangzhou
      Since: Sep 2010

You should look at the fastest platinum board, I don’t think it’s been claimed?!

Comment posted on 07/06/2013 at 17:34.
  8. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

Nice one for those who ain’t played these, played xcom the demo, I wouldn’t pick this for free, boring.

I bet for the vita it’s unit 13! I want burning skies so I can get my plat, dam u online pass ruining things

Comment posted on 07/06/2013 at 16:25.
    • Spence1115

Supposedly, Unit 13 is coming as part of July’s games.

Comment posted on 07/06/2013 at 17:27.
    • matthangzhou
      Since: Sep 2010

Give xcom another go. I absolutely love it!

Comment posted on 07/06/2013 at 17:35.
      • Taylor Made
        Since: Oct 2011

I will give it a go but didn’t like the turn base play

Comment posted on 07/06/2013 at 18:22.
  9. blackredyellow
    Since: Mar 2009

Very tasty. I’ll look forward to LBPK and XCOM.

I think it’s also time to renew my sub, while they keep churning out great titles!

Comment posted on 07/06/2013 at 16:48.
  10. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

I received a 1 month free trial, but not particularly interested in any of these. Might be interested in giving XCOM a go, but I still haven’t finished UC2 so probably won’t bother with UC3, and I didn’t really like the handling in LBPK either.

Comment posted on 07/06/2013 at 16:54.