Newsdesk

TSAtv Newsdesk Special: Sony at E3 2013

More Four.

No, your eyes do not deceive you, there are indeed two Newsdesks tonight! This time its a look at Sony’s big coming out party for the PS4, from Don’t Starve and The Order to Kingdom Hearts 3 and The Elder Scrolls Online. There’s also talk of used games, pricing, and PlayStation Plus. And, as ever, its all tied up in a nice compact little video package just for you. Enjoy, and feel free to leave us feedback here in the comments, or on Twitter and Facebook.

Read more: # #
  1. seanobi
    Since: Nov 2012

Where’s the news on the hard drive specs for PS4. Is it inter-changable like PS3 or? Was hoping for a bit more info during the conference alas it never came.

Comment posted on 11/06/2013 at 09:54.
  2. hol
    Since: Oct 2009

HDD has been confirmed as swappable :) by @yosp

Comment posted on 11/06/2013 at 10:33.
  3. ron_mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

Nice summary. I didn’t manage to see the pkus part of Sony’s show, can anyone say if is Plus staying the same price foe the PS4?

Comment posted on 11/06/2013 at 10:33.
    • freezebug2

From the PS website summary.

‘PlayStation Plus will carry across to PS4, with a single membership bringing benefits to PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 3 and of course, PS4′.

Reads like the current subscription for PS3 will be active and carry across, in which case current prices. Although I did expect tiered membership to appear.

Comment posted on 11/06/2013 at 10:50.
      • Bilbo_bobbins

thats good, I’ll get it just before the PS4 comes out i think, or the day it does come out if pricing is confirmed before.

Comment posted on 11/06/2013 at 11:37.
      • ron_mcphatty
        Since: Sep 2008

Thanks freezebug! With free games from launch (even if the ‘plus edition’ label sounds ominously limited) the service has reached. New level of appeal. I don’t even mind the Plus only online play restriction!

Comment posted on 11/06/2013 at 11:42.
    • TSBonyman

They mentioned ‘from as little as $5 per month’ so even at the minimum it’s an increase. Still not bad all things considered though.

Comment posted on 11/06/2013 at 11:31.
      • Bilbo_bobbins

really? £5 a month is a lot of an increase if true. I might even think twice now. Steam could be an alternative for me.

Comment posted on 11/06/2013 at 11:40.
      • ron_mcphatty
        Since: Sep 2008

It’s $50 a year at the moment in the USA, or $18 a quarter, then $6 a month, so don’t panic it sounds roughly the same :)

Comment posted on 11/06/2013 at 11:45.
  4. TSBonyman

Thanks for the summary and all the reporting last night. I am very tired today but also very happy! :)

Comment posted on 11/06/2013 at 11:19.
    • cam the man

Same hear, TSA’s doing a great job.

Comment posted on 11/06/2013 at 13:34.
  5. JBoo
    Banned
    Since: Oct 2011

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 11/06/2013 at 11:44.
  6. blackredyellow
    Since: Mar 2009

Great round up.

Gotta say guys, I’m loving the coverage you’re giving this conference. You’re doing a great job! Thumbs up.

Comment posted on 11/06/2013 at 15:32.
  7. Broonba
    Since: Mar 2009

Aye. A big thumb’s up from me too. ;)

Every piece of news I’ve heard regarding PS4 is trully excellent & leaves me feeling excited for it’s release. Has Sony stated a release date for PS4, as if they have, then I missed it?? I’ve got mine pre-ordered so whenever they release it, I’ll get it day one, although the sooner it’s released, the better.

Comment posted on 11/06/2013 at 17:58.