What A PS4 Store Setup Might Look Like

Blue.

Yesterday we attended a fancy PS4 event in London, where Sony were showing off some of their upcoming next-gen games – we’ll have content from that up ASAP.

Also at the event was some examples of how in-store displays might look, the shot above, snapped by PSAccess, highlights Sony’s intended showcase for the console.

It’s impressive, and shows off the range of games, PlayStation Plus and some of the PS4’s key features, like “download and play”.

1. 3shirts

Looks nice. Games shops nowadays should be more like this, or more like Apple stores. Lots of consoles for people to play on with the new games etc and a few paper coupons you take to the till to buy.
    Rows and rows of game boxes is an outdated structure

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 15:41.
    • SH Number 7/Mini-Lipscombe
      Since: May 2011

Before they went into administration I know Gamestation had these kinds of plans, I imagine this was the same for GAME stores also. Now over a year later and nothing… I hope they are just hoping out for the next gen.

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 18:20.
  2. pitchforkdisney

One of my day job clients is the HQ of Sony UK sales. I sold them loads of Cyan toners last week. This picture makes me happy in the pocket! :-)

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 15:46.
    • bunimomike

Ha! Toner-whoring yourself out. Good man. :-)

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 16:06.
    • shakyhand
      Since: Nov 2008

Cyan shmyan! It’s PS2 Blue and nothing else! ;)

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 23:03.
  3. Amphlett

I like the way they’ve put PS4 Killzone at the number 1 slot. Interestingly though they also have it loaded up at number 9.

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 15:53.
    • KeRaSh

Considering #3 is probably at eye level, Infamous Second Son has the best spot of the bunch. :P

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 16:38.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

It’s so us short-arses can reach it too! The display does look good though and it’s a very nice blue they’ve picked. It would be great to see Vitas in shops as demo units but they would get trashed so quickly.

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 16:39.
  4. bunimomike

For me, the nicest thing is the way the Vitas are promoted and that you can see what you’re playing on the big screen. I have that right, yes? :-\ :-)

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 16:06.
    • KeRaSh

If you mean direct feed, then no. One is just showing the time and the other one is displaying the Tearaway logo while the TV probably runs a looped gameplay video of Tearaway.
      If you meant that the game loaded up on the Vita is the same that is being showcased on the big screen, then yes. :)

It’s a lovely set up. I wish we stores like that.

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 16:35.
  5. Zephyre

Looks like a Smurf has been gibbed

Seriously though, nice clear display and loving the emphasis on Vita. I’d be impressed if they got this into store, but I can’t see it happening, wouldn’t give the display controllers 5 minutes in the average high street shop

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 16:40.
  6. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

That looks nice.

Also looks bigger than the two Gamestops I see regularly though.

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 16:43.
  7. freezebug2

Sleek boutique!

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 18:01.
  8. gaffers101
    Since: Oct 2008

That’s a cool set up. I’d be happy to go there and browse for games any day.

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 19:32.
  9. TSBonyman

That looks quite snazzy, i don’t remember seeing anything quite as good as that for previous console launches.

Comment posted on 05/07/2013 at 19:45.
  10. Broonba
    Since: Mar 2009

That display looks excellent. I’d love to see this type of display at my local GAME store but probably wishful thinking.

Comment posted on 06/07/2013 at 21:47.