Former DCUO Subs Get Free Legendary Access

Offer lasts until January.

In a stroke of generosity, Sony Online Entertainment is granting free “Legendary Access” to former subscribers.

Until January 15th, these members will be able to access the game’s full suite of premium features, not to mention DCUO’s string of DLC expansions.

The offer is only available to those who have paid for a month’s subscription between the game’s launch and December 10th, 2013.

PS4 trophy hunters will be particularly pleased by the offer. Sony’s virtual rewards will only ping when signed in as a premium member. Furthermore, all the trophies you unlocked in the PS3 version of DC Universe Online will unlock as soon as you log into its next-gen counterpart.

1. mcduff1979

i cant find legendary subscription anywhere on the ps store on ps4 only normal subscriptions. Can legendary only be done in game?

Comment posted on 19/12/2013 at 14:06.
  2. Vallon
    Since: Sep 2013

I bought it on the PC at launch if that counts? :P I’ve played it a bit on the PS4, its a good game still but I just dont have the time to commit to it so i’ve not really bothered that much with it.

Comment posted on 19/12/2013 at 14:17.
  3. mcduff1979

i only ask as i have read that you need legendary subscription to unlock trophies on ps4

Comment posted on 19/12/2013 at 14:26.
  4. DJ Judas
    Epic

It’s been installed on my PS4 since it hit the store, but somehow I’ve not managed to play it, or any of the other f2p games for that matter.

The concensus has always been that it’s pretty good, so I must make time for it at some point.

Comment posted on 19/12/2013 at 14:29.
  5. hazelam

i bought the game at launch and played during the bundled month, i don’t know if that will count, might be worth a try though.

i wonder what would happen if you create a character using powersets from the expansions after this runs out.

Comment posted on 19/12/2013 at 15:41.
    • Shadow-King
      Since: May 2013

I was wondering the same thing. i bought it at launch but I cant remember if I ever bought a sub after the first 30 days bundled with it. Think I did once, but not home to look now. I hope it does tho!

Love the game. I want the platinum in it. Also anyone know if trophies retro active with this game? I’ve played a few toons with this game now that should have earned the trophies.

Comment posted on 19/12/2013 at 16:40.
      • Jim Hargreaves

Trophies are retro, yes.

Most of them are “reach 30 with mentor X/power X”

You just need to log in with an applicable character and the trophies will pop.

Comment posted on 19/12/2013 at 16:44.
    • Mr-Flame-Head
      Since: Mar 2009

if you create a character that uses dlc specific powers you will lose access to that character, it wont however be deleted so should you purchase the dlc separately or reactivate the sub then you get the char back for use

Comment posted on 19/12/2013 at 17:16.
      • MuggleMind

Not sure this is so. I created several characters with DLC specific powers. When my legendary access lapsed at one point, I had to select which characters I wanted to remain active, but there were no restrictions on which characters I chose.

Comment posted on 19/12/2013 at 18:04.
  6. Shadow-King
    Since: May 2013

Thanks Jim, Now just to find out if I ever bought the sub for a month or so ever? lol

Comment posted on 19/12/2013 at 16:58.