PlayStation Turkey's VP Lets Slip About The Last Of Us On PS4

Not a sequel, but it'll do for now.

“Will we see a The Last of Us sequel soon?” asked the CNN Turk TV presenter as he interviewed Sercan Sulun, PlayStation Turkey’s VP, on local TV. A seemingly innocuous question, and one which you would ordinarily expect to get a total non-answer to, but Sercan gave a slightly more surprising answer.

“No, a sequel is not coming right now as far as I know,” he replied “but I can say that the first game will be released this summer for PS4 as a physical and digital copy, with enchanced graphics.”

The news reaches our shores by way of translation by NeoGAF user Quirah, confirmed by a second user, as he noted the plainly stated revelation during the 36th minute of the broadcast which, just in case you can speak Turkish, can be found on multiplayer.com.tr.

I’m sure that fingers are now being firmly crossed that Sercan did not get his facts wrong and that we will in fact get an even prettier version  of TLOU to enjoy this summer. Keep them crossed overnight, and we’ll ask Sony in the morning for some further details.

Until then, sleep tight and mind the clickers don’t bite.

UPDATE: “At no time have we announced that The Last of Us is coming to PS4 and therefore, have nothing to say on the subject,” a Sony Computer Entertainment Europe spokesperson told Eurogamer.

Source: Multiplayer.com.tr via NeoGAF

1. FrusciantesGhost

Good god, let this be true! It is the only PS3 game I would buy again on PS4. Currently trying to complete it on Survivor in one life… Safe to say, it’s pretty challenging!

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 00:27.
    • JR.
      Since: Apr 2013

Playing on Survivor was like playing a completely different game. Loosing the ability to see through walls and having next no no ammo or supplies made it one of the most intense gaming experiences I’ve ever had.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 00:52.
      • jonny_bolton
        Chooses The Impossible
        Since: Oct 2008

Agreed. Survivor mode was excellent.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 08:04.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

It almost should have been the default mode, to get the best experience out of the game – although guess it may have been too tough for some. I’m still excited to see what the final single player mode is going to be in the final DLC on PS3!

Despite not wanting to add to my backlog of games, particularly when I’ve already played this, this game is too good to turn down – same applied with Tomb Raider.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 08:54.
      • FrusciantesGhost

Survivor should’ve been the only game mode available.. I feel games are just not challenging enough these days.
        I witnessed a friend playing TLoU basically sprinting through it, getting past difficult areas by simply getting to a save checkpoint rather than use stealth.. He said it was the games fault for allowing him to play that way.. Which he had a point, there certainly should more of a punishment to dying.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 14:38.
    • double-o-dave
      Since: Nov 2008

I actually found it easier on survivor mode as the enemies and clickers die easier too.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 09:23.
  2. Andrewww
    Since: Jan 2010

I thought their prime minister had firmly shut down any free and uncensored communication in the country. How could this possibly happen..? ;o)
    Very good news..! I’ve not got to it as yet, so will wait a little longer then.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 00:28.
  3. irish-sid
    Banned
    Since: Feb 2013

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 00:39.
    • jonny_bolton
      Chooses The Impossible
      Since: Oct 2008

I really got back into the multiplayer after the DLC came out and then my PS3 broke. I was devastated.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 08:05.
  4. Phizzy
    Since: Jun 2010

I’d buy this again in a heartbeat. Absolutely love it. I presume (and hope) it’ll include all DLC, so I won’t have to buy it again. Still playing the multiplayer with a group of friends quite frequently. Just love the way it plays.

Oh and there have been a load of times during the multiplayer when something bizarre has happened and I’ve wanted to hit share. Glad that’ll actually be possible now.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 01:26.
  5. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Take my money (again). Staggeringly glorious game. I really hope it reaches PS4.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 06:44.
  6. Lyts1985
    Since: Jan 2009

One of the few games I’d happily buy again. Thoroughly enjoyed it, even the multiplayer!

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 07:48.
  7. lambchop
    Since: Aug 2013

Oooooooooh, I will so get this on PS4!

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 07:49.
  8. Root Ginger
    Since: Jan 2010

I’d be very happy if this was the case as I never got to complete the game before my PS4 arrived and have since regretted it.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 07:50.
  9. Eldaveo
    Since: Oct 2013

Please be true. Never got to play it on PS3 aside from a couple of hours.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 09:25.
  10. The Von Braun
    Since: Oct 2012

If true colour me looking at being 1 step closer to buying a PS4.As of yet never played on PS3….

Missed out of PS2 Killer games like SOTC,God Of War II, Jak And Daxter etc but was delighted to pick up ‘HD’ versions on PS3, so i’d love to se key PS3 games brought to PS4.

Consider fingers indeed crossed.

Comment posted on 27/03/2014 at 10:08.