UK Charts 17/03/18 – Burnout Paradise Remastered Races Back Into First

Paradise.

What do you know? It turns out that remastering Burnout Paradise was a bloody great idea and EA should let Criterion make more arcade racing games again. Burnout Paradise Remastered zips back into first place, just like it did when it first released a whole decade ago in 2008. It’s not the series’ biggest launch – that’s still Burnout 3: Takedown – but should hopefully do enough to make the business people at EA take notice.

Right behind Burnout Paradise is Kirby Star Allies, debuting in second place and making for the biggest launch of a Kirby game ever. Alas, Capcom’s Devil May Cry HD Collection for PS4 and Xbox One could not match EA or Nintendo, as it only mustered 13th place. Unlucky for some!

LW TW Title Publisher
1 BURNOUT PARADISE REMASTERED EA GAMES
2 KIRBY STAR ALLIES NINTENDO
4 3 FIFA 18 EA SPORTS
1 4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V ROCKSTAR
6 5 MARIO KART 8 DELUXE NINTENDO
7 6 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY NINTENDO
8 7 PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS MICROSOFT
14 8 EA SPORTS UFC 3 EA SPORTS
13 9 FALLOUT 4 BETHESDA
10 10 ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD NINTENDO
11 11 TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE UBISOFT
5 12 CALL OF DUTY: WWII ACTIVISION
13 DEVIL MAY CRY HD COLLECTION CAPCOM
12 14 ROCKET LEAGUE WARNER BROS.
9 15 MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD CAPCOM
22 16 SPLATOON 2 NINTENDO
25 17 SONIC FORCES SEGA
26 18 PREY BETHESDA
15 19 LEGO WORLDS WARNER BROS.
17 20 CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY ACTIVISION

Source: UKIE

1. double-o-dave
    Since: Nov 2008

I may well be on my own here, but I thought Burnout Paradise was cack the first time round.
    Pretty sure I ended up arguing for about an hour with someone in Sainsburys trying to get a refund.

Comment posted on 19/03/2018 at 14:13.
    • R1MJAW

You are most definitely not on your own, I borrowed the ps3 version from my mate and got bored after a few hours and didn’t bother finishing it.

Comment posted on 19/03/2018 at 14:31.
      • double-o-dave
        Since: Nov 2008

I don’t know how you do a thumbs up sign, but insert here ” “

Comment posted on 19/03/2018 at 14:41.
    • Eldave0
      andUandU

I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s ‘cack’ but there are certainly better Burnout games out there. 3 is considered by most to be the best and I had a fantastic time with Revenge.

Comment posted on 19/03/2018 at 15:24.
      • da_siz
        Since: Oct 2011

personally I’m not too sure why people preferred burnout 3 to paradise city..
        From what I can remember and it has been a while, the actual gameplay in itself (car handling etc) is much the same.
        Only differences being open world and the fact there aren’t any ‘proper’ crash events in Paradise city.. Now if someone prefers selecting the race over driving around an open world I can understand why burnout 3 would be the game of choice
        For me there hasn’t been a more enjoyable racing game on any console since paradise city was released 10 years ago

Comment posted on 19/03/2018 at 15:34.
  2. Sad Panda

My resolve lasted until I saw it in Tesco for £30 on Saturday.

I agree that it’s missing a crash mode and I do think it would have benefited from one, however I’ve hardly been off it this weekend. I can confirm the grass is indeed green and the girls are pretty

Comment posted on 19/03/2018 at 16:12.
    • da_siz
      Since: Oct 2011

put in around 10 hours or so since i picked it up on friday, also from tesco.
      Fantastic game! so much fun i forgot just how fast it is!

Comment posted on 19/03/2018 at 16:47.
  3. parryman
    Since: Apr 2012

I have fond memories of Burnout Paradise, but I might be confusing it with NFS Most Wanted, were they basically the same game?

Comment posted on 19/03/2018 at 21:22.