It’s been out before, although you had to be pretty quick last time – the Motorstorm: Pacific Rift update is now available for all. The update contains a few new features and some important bug fixes, but the PS Blog is reporting the main ones for convenience:
- You can now back up your save data for later restoration to the User Account it was created under (on any PS3 system, so you shouldn’t ever need to lose your personal progress).
- A ‘MotorStorm Helmet’ icon is now displayed on-screen during critical data saves. This is in addition to the HDD Access Indicator, which currently flashes while the game makes a critical save.
- We’ve fixed an exploit that was recently found where pausing and unpausing during critical boosting would grant you an extra second or so of boost. Repeated over and over people have been able to shave seconds off the top leaderboard times. Seems like a lot of work for someone just to cheat at a leaderboard time, but it’s all fixed now. Anyone who has used this exploit please be warned – we’ll be clearing down your times off the leaderboards shortly.
- We’ve made the online rankings easier to understand, and made the whole Online experience even smoother and easier.
- You can be confident that Photos taken in Photo Mode will now look their best, because we’ve tuned the graphics up a notch in this mode.
Jolly good. I still don’t like it though, much preferring the purity of the original but maybe that’s just me.