Naughty Dog have revealed that they will be releasing title update 1.06 for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves on Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 10:00 AM PST.
You will only be prompted to download and install title update 1.06 when you connect online to Uncharted 2 multiplayer.
The new title update includes a few “under-the-hood fixes” that were needed that don’t affect gameplay and the following updates are also made:
- Removed automatic shoulder selection when players click the L1 shoulder button to aim
- Delayed the appearance of the scoreboard to allow time for players to view any medals received simultaneously with player death
At the same time the title update is released, Naughty Dog will also be pushing live updates to other aspects of their multiplayer which includes:
- Adjusted hitbox attributes so that players will take less damage to the character’s legs
- Decreased kill radius of grenades by 1 meter
- Decreased accuracy of Down the Irons by 15%
- Reduced rate of fire of the FAL by 10%
- Reduced rate of fire for the Dragon Sniper by 10%
- Collision and geometry changes to “The Fort” to prevent intentional glitching by players
It is always great to see developers hard at work trying to improve the user experience, so this update is more than welcome.