Electronic Arts have revealed that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has become the best-selling March release on record in North America and Europe with over 2.3 million sales to date.
The title has been a smash hit since its release, managing to accumulate a 89 percent average on aggregate site Metacritic as well as being widely regarded by many fans as an overall better game than Modern Warfare 2, which is certainly an impressive feat.
EA also released some interesting stats regarding the game,
• 81B points have been earned in online multiplayer sessions
• 43M weapons and gadgets have been unlocked in online multiplayer
• Over 6M video views on YouTube
• 2.9M hours have been spent playing online in the last 24 hours alone
• 230K peak-concurrent-users (PCUs)
• Over 44k Twitter fans (most out of any EA title)
“We are so thrilled with the success of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 sales and fan response. In the first 48 hours we had such a tremendous rush to multiplayer gameplay that our servers experienced overwhelming demand. This is a testament to the massive response players have had worldwide for the extraordinary action experienced in the Battlefield sandbox,” says Karl Magnus Troedsson, Executive Producer, Battlefield Franchise. “DICE and EA have brought more servers online. We now have enough capacity to handle all BFBC2 connections seamlessly and we continue to monitor online play daily.”
So what do you think of Bad Company 2? Is it your new favourite online shooter and if not what is? Let us know in the comments field below.