While they’ve been keen to stress that they’re not actually holding a press conference in the traditional sense, Microsoft have said they will show some cool stuff today. The press releases are starting to come through and the bulk of the announcements seems to be new sports for Kinect Sports (javelin, long jump and discus) and that they’ll be showing off Halo: Reach and Fable III again.
Fable III will show off some new combat and the “touch mechanic” we saw unveilled at X10 in February. Big fans of the action adventure RPG will also be able to pick up the limited edition Fable controller which has one-off artwork from Lionhead.
The only genuinely new information I can find in the press releases, aside from the new Kinect Sports, is the list of newly announced tracks for what looks likely to be Kinect’s best fare: Dance Central. The list is reproduced below and they seem to be hitting all the right notes for their target audience with those tracks.
We’ll keep an eye on anything else coming from Microsoft but it looks like it’s mostly going to be European demonstration of the stuff they’ve unveiled before.
New Dance Central tracks:
- Basement Jaxx – “Rendez-Vu”
- Benny Benassi – “Satisfaction”
- Cascada – “Evacuate the Dancefloor”
- Fannypack – “Hey Mami”
- Kool & The Gang – “Jungle Boogie”
- Kylie Minogue – “Can’t Get You Out of My Head”
- Nelly Furtado – “Maneater”
- Nina Sky – “Move Ya Body”
- Pitbull – “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
- Rihanna – “Pon de Replay”
- Technotronic – “Pump Up the Jam”