Microsoft has gone into more detail with regards to its upcoming Xbox 360 dashboard update. As well as adding Kinect and Zune functionality it will also provide the following:
- Improved voice quality – the audio codec is being updated to improve Xbox LIVE Party chat audio quality.
- Improved experience for changing your Gamertag – choosing a new Gamertag? If the Gamertag you’re looking for is already taken, your Avatar will spin a wheel which will provide five other Gamertag suggestions at a time for you to choose from.
- Streamlined in-dashboard virtual keyboard – they have taken the existing QWERTY keyboard in-dash and made it easier to use for scenarios that involve repeated text entry, for example when signing up for Live within the dashboard.
- Improved Xbox Live Marketplace UI and browse experience – the Games Marketplace has been re-organized to provide streamlined access to the games and content you want, reducing the number of steps it takes to get to a download.
- Avatar changes – they have made your Avatars slightly more proportional so you can better play Kinect games.
- Easier to get on a wireless network – trying to connect to a wireless network? With the next update, you’ll see a list of all the wireless networks within range when you go into network settings. From there, you’ll be able to select a new network or further configure the network you’re connected to.
- Ability to sign-out other controllers in the sign-in UI – they are adding the ability to sign-out profiles on other controllers in the sign-in UI within the Guide. This is especially useful when playing games like Rock Band.
- New browse experience for 100 per cent completed games – you spent a lot of time and effort earning those Achievements, so instead of only being able to view your first dozen completed games, they are giving you a new and better way to browse all of them.
The update will go live on November 4th. Be there or be square.
– ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW –
– PAGE CONTINUES BELOW –