Last week, it was suggested that I write this post immediately after recording. That would, presumably, get around the issue of completely forgetting about what we’d talked about on the podcast between recording and posting. I didn’t do that.
So, let’s light a few candles, get some Mongolian Throat Singing on the stereo and see if we can channel the mystical forces of my memory to work out what’s in this week’s show.
I’m seeing an image… it’s… it’s a… yellow brick road?
Yes, this week’s podcast was influenced by Kris’ hyperactivity and the fact that he sent the running order infused with lines from the Wizard of Oz. Luckily, Lewis and I were on hand to keep things professional. I don’t know what we’d do without the good example Lewis sets…
Anyway, what did we talk about? Well, we mentioned the big news from Gamescom including the PS3 price cut, pared down PSP and Gamecube-less Wii model. Then Kris let us know that Hellboy is dead. This caused some confusion because I’ve never actually seen or read anything about Hellboy and I always assumed his hellishness came from being dead already.
You know who’s not dead? Alice. Do you know what else isn’t dead? Prince Nuada’s movie career. This Hellboy II villain, played by Bros’ own Luke Goss is a big fan favourite and there’s a campaign running to get a prequel movie made featuring the dastardly Prince. There’s a petition, mentioned on the show which can be found and signed by clicking on this handy link. We urge you all to do it so that in another couple of years, we can talk about that movie on the podcast.
We also talked about games, of course, with Minecraft Pocket Edition on the Xperia Play being the star of this deathly quiet summer period. Lewis told us about Limitless and Your Highness and I told everyone that the fans who don’t like All Star Batman and Robin were wrong.
We did the competition and quiz, as always and there’s another comics quiz in there to win another bundle of Kris’ unloved editions.
- To enter Lewis’ movie audio competition email your answers to lewisgaston[at]screendemon.com.
- To enter Kris’ comics giveaway, or to ask questions for our questions segment, email podcasts[at]thesixthaxis.com.
- You can also tag your questions on Twitter with #tsacast and, provided you’re not on a private account, we’ll see them in our search each week. Finally, general TSA lunatic, SolidSteven, sets up a questions thread in the forum. Click here to visit that and ask a question.
This podcast features strong language, jokes in poor taste and adult themes, if you’re offended by that then we recommend that you don’t listen to it at all.
- As usual, you can grab the MP3 file here (right click to download).
- You might want to get it (when the RSS catches us) on the RSS feed, here.
- Or we’re on iTunes, when iTunes feels like updating. You can also leave us a review and subscribe there, if you want to be particularly lovely.
Get us on Twitter: