I made a prediction at the end of last year that Zelda would perform terribly in the charts, whatever the quality of the game. Thankfully it seems I was wrong, as Skyward Sword débuts at number seven. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations is this week’s strongest new entry, coming in at two, with Halo doing well at six.
Saints Row: The Third comes in at four, comfortably outdoing Saint Row 2’s release day figures. Peter is currently “strapping it on” to get the review out ASAP. Super Mario 3D Land also makes the top ten, and you can expect our review soon. Need for Speed: The Run doesn’t seem to have made much of an impact at all, bearing in mind the brand used to command the number one spot.
And that, bar a couple of late releases, seems to be the end of the crazy release schedule from the last couple of months. It’s been fun!
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
2. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
4. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
5. FIFA 12 (EA)
6. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (Microsoft)
7. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo)
8. Battlefield 3 (EA)
9. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
10. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
11. Need for Speed: The Run (EA)
12. Michael Jackson: The Experience (Ubisoft)
13. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Warner)
14. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (Activision)
15. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
16. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (Sony)
17. Batman: Arkham City (Warner)
18. Moshi Monsters: Moshling Zoo (Mind Candy)
19. Forza Motorpsort 4 (Microsoft)
20. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)