Tecmo Koei has revealed that Dynasty Warriors NEXT will release as a PS Vita launch title in Europe, on 22nd February 2012.
The list of features that Dynasty Warriors NEXT has and some of the ways that it utilises the PS Vita are as follows.
- Fusion of button controls with touch controls, such as multi-touch screen and rear touch panel sensor (6 axis detection).
- Combine explosive action with tactical aspects! Touch or shake to use the new “Speed Musou” and hit your enemies with powerful. Touch the screen to perform a “Direct Break” and capture bases in the blink of an eye. You can also touch the map directly, without interrupting the action, to direct your subordinates with “Straight Commands.”
- The impressive visual effects will help you delve deep into the Warriors’ world. Get a taste of life-like duels and experience a plethora of special missions using a variety of touch and sensor controls. Enjoy battles overflowing with tension in truly immersive, cinematic action.
- Communication enhanced by local play and GPS: Connect with other players and use GPS-related positioning to enjoy continuous social interaction. Use PlayStation Vita’s Live Area, the new “Conquest Mode”(supporting WiFi and 3G) and the new 4 player ad-hoc multi-player “Coallition Mode” for a rich multiplayer experience.
- Dynasty Warriors next also sees the return of fan favourite ‘Edit Mode, were players can create and customise their own warriors!
- Enjoy intense battle action with more than 65 playable characters!
Here’s a gameplay trailer of the title.
Although Dynasty Warriors Next will undoubtedly have to stave off competition from a ton of other launch titles to be worth a day one purchase, it’s still pleasing to hear that the Vita has an ever expanding portfolio of games for its arrival.
Source: Press Release