Episode 46 of the Oscar Mike Media podcast rumbles over the horizon like an enemy tank. The turret slowly rotates, radio masts twitching in the mist, and the gun barrel lowers. You cling to the sodden wall of your hastily dug foxhole and quietly mumble sunday school incantations you’d long thought absent from your mind. You realise it’s all in vain as the air around you seems to thicken. You can almost taste the atmosphere as the hilltop silhouette recoils sucking in all sound around it and exploding towards you with unrelenting force. You are about to experience the Oscar Mike Media podcast, in this life or the next.
So, there’s that. Now, how about I tell you a bit about what we talked about?[drop2]We opened with the news of the South Park RPG, Stranger’s Wrath price and filesize on PSN and the US prices leaking for the PS Vita memory cards. Well, we opened with one of the weirdest introductions to a podcast ever but then we did the news bit.
Following on from that, I talked about Kirby and Lewis talked about Horrible Bosses before Kev(in) did some comic chat, focussed mostly on the continuing brilliance of the Flash reboot. I give my verdict on this week’s podcast homework – Good Shepherd and Page One before Kev(in) tells us a bit about an iOS game he’s been playing that definitely isn’t about horses.
We got through the sensible bits of the podcast, including the movie audio competition and the quiz, fairly quickly this week – without Kris to delay things with his constant acting up. We then spent way longer than usual talking about questions we got from you guys. Which is lovely.
Kris wasn’t on this week because he was doing something in the real world with websites and radio shows that aren’t full of bad jokes and swearing.
I should probably let you all know that Steven (resident nutter) suggested a very weird activity for the podcast that you can read about in the forum post here. We need your help to make it happen and it might be a bit of fun so please do join in!
Oh, I should also let everyone know that ScreenDemon.com is holding a very exciting competition in which you can win a Blu-ray player or ten DVDs of your choice (from our list). Head over here to check that out and while you’re there, sign up and join in on ScreenDemon too!
- To enter Lewis’ movie audio competition email your answers to lewisgaston[at]screendemon.com.
- You can send questions via email to podcasts[at]thesixthaxis.com.
- You can also tag your questions on Twitter with #tsacast and, provided you’re not on a private account, we’ll see them in our search each week. Finally, general TSA lunatic, SolidSteven, set up a questions thread in the forum.
This podcast features strong language, jokes in poor taste and adult themes, if you’re offended by that then we recommend that you don’t listen to it at all.
- As usual, you can grab the MP3 file here (right click to download).
- You might want to get it (when the RSS catches us) on the RSS feed, here.
- Or we’re on iTunes, when iTunes feels like updating. You can also leave us a review and subscribe there, if you want to be particularly lovely.
Get us on Twitter:
- Kev(in) – @kevatron400
- Lewis – @LewisGaston
- Peter – @colossalblue
- Oscar Mike Media – @oscarmikemedia