We had some proper news headlines this week, delivered by a newscasting legend. Or Kev doing his Moira Stewart voice. Either way, it was brilliant. The news had us discussing Game Group PLC’s administration, Kellee Santiago’s departure from thatgamecompany and Will Ferrel’s announcement that there would be an Anchorman sequel.
I talked a bit about the impending launch of Nextaxis, which is going to be very soon and is making me very nervous. Lewis told us a bit about a film called The Help, set during the 1960s against the backdrop of the civil rights struggle through the eyes of the African American workers.[drop2]Kev has been watching Touch, with Jack Bauer (or Keifer Sutherland, as some people persistently pretend he is). It sounds like a more emotionally charged story than Bauer’s previous appearances, charting the relationship between a man and his severely autistic son who kind of sees the future thanks to an ability to see the probability of things.
We talked about Triple Town for a while, as I became increasingly aware of my lack of reward for playing the game. I’ve dedicated hours to it over the past week but I can’t quite judge why I keep playing it.
Kris then decides that Marvel has missed a trick by not including nearly enough punching in their new Avengers vs X-Men. There’s a bit of a rant here but it’s forgivable since the notion of Captain America being punched in his smug face by Wolverine is very appealing.
Finally, before our usual quiz and questions, Lewis told us about the start of the new Mad Men series, which I started watching last night. It’s Mad Men, which means it’s the best thing on television at the moment. Although Game of Thrones is starting again so at least there’s some competition.
- You can send questions via email to podcasts[at]thesixthaxis.com.
- You can also tag your questions on Twitter with #tsacast and, provided you’re not on a private account, we’ll see them in our search each week. Finally, general TSA lunatic, SolidSteven, sets up a questions thread in the forum. There doesn’t seem to be a new one this week so just bang your questions on the end of that one.
This podcast features strong language, jokes in poor taste and adult themes, if you’re offended by that then we recommend that you don’t listen to it at all.
- As usual, you can grab the MP3 file here (right click to download).
- You might want to get it (when the RSS catches us) on the RSS feed, here.
- Or we’re on iTunes, when iTunes feels like updating. You can also leave us a review and subscribe there, if you want to be particularly lovely.
Get us on Twitter: